Power Door Locks

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is not an IDI but maybe I can get some help here as not many people are on the powerstroke board.

Here is the problem, my truck was a bank repo when I bought it. I guess when it was repoed they broke the door lock on the drivers side to get in and destroyed the lock and the rods inside. I was using the passenger side to get in after locking my doors, now the passenger lock will not unlock with the key so I can't unlock my doors from outside.

I have tried to get new rods at the stealership and they want BIG bucks for them, and I have to buy everything. I have power locks so I got to thinking what if I put remote or key-less door locks on that way I can just push the fob and unlock the locks. I have found many to convert manual locks to power but I already have the activators that push the rods so I don't want to replace them as they work fine.

How would I wire up the remote to my existing system to the new system?

Here is a digram of the system any ideas, I would like to wire this to my system.

Attachments

• diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 13

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm/remote start system in the truck already?google the manufacturer and model number .you can find the wiring instructions that way.it the best way ive found to take an aftermaket sytem out of a car and use it on another car.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you have an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm/remote start system in the truck already?google the manufacturer and model number .you can find the wiring instructions that way.it the best way ive found to take an aftermaket sytem out of a car and use it on another car.

No my truck just have the factory power door locks.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Jim
I replied to ya on the other board, thought that truck looked familiar, anyhow I have the rods just gotts fiinds them.
also if your in need of new lock cylinders, I have 2 with a matching ign tumbler, Just no tailgate lock.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jim
I replied to ya on the other board, thought that truck looked familiar, anyhow I have the rods just gotts fiinds them.
also if your in need of new lock cylinders, I have 2 with a matching ign tumbler, Just no tailgate lock.

Nick, That would be great, if you can find the rod and the cylinder I sure could use all. My cylinder on drivers door was destroyed and would be great if both doors would be the same. My tailgate lock don't work either BUT I don't care.

BTW
Hows the wife and baby, bet the baby has grown a bunch.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
witch side do ya need.
wife and baby are good, shes 5 alraedy and in kindergarden.
you still workin on the road?

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nick, I need the rods for the drivers side but I could use both cylinders so both doors are the same.

Has it been that long WOW, baby is 5 now.

Yep still working pipeline but laid off right now, last year I worked in Ky, Ala and Wy.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
do ya need the handle too or is yours OK
hows $30 for the locks, rod for dr side, and ign tumbler.

are ya back home or on the road now, Travis is hosting a get together out by indy.
Nick

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Jim ole buddy! Man would be great if you could make the jog up the road a bit to come to the event listed in my sig. Plus by the sounds of it Nick could bring the parts for your door locks....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jim,
I would hate to have to rely on a watch battery and weak RF to get in my truck! I think I'd have to fix those keylocks.

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
Jim,
I would hate to have to rely on a watch battery and weak RF to get in my truck! I think I'd have to fix those keylocks.

You would be suprised by the # of guys removing the locks all together to prevent theft.
SDs are really easy to break into

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828