Possible Timing Meter Option

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Found a link to this while cruising FTE...

http://tinytach.com/timing.php

What do the timing meter experts think.....GaryLOL

It looks similar to the Kent-Moore meters that Gary uses and likes.

Would we need the timing light that you have the option of getting with it? i don't think we would if the meter box has the injector line clamp on it and the meter box gives a rpm and timing readout.

The only thing i see is that the minimum idle that it will read is 700 rpm, which isn't an issue for timing since we time at 2K rpm, but it would ne nice to be able to set idle going by some hard numbers rather than going by the tach. i know my engine likes to idle around 750rpm, but it says right on the valve cover that warm curb idle is 650 rpm so..........other than that no too big of a deal, it seems like it would be a viable and affordable solution for us to get the timing dialed in on these engines.

Thoughts on this meter?

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are it's a knock off of the Kent Moore, Gary has posted a couple on ebay I don't recall the brand.

Sure you need the timing light for it, so all you are doing is paying for a very expensive Ferret adapter.

I'm not sure if there is a better image of it or more info but that's my take.

I've only used the J33000 and J3300A so I'm not an expert, just a novice LOL

JM2CW

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
This is a knockoff of the kent moore j33300 and j33300-a meters. Read down it actually tells you there is a need for two probes just like the kent moore meters. One for the hard line clamp and one for the mag probe at the crank. Is this a less expensive meter than the kent moore. Yes but is it better.. My guess is not even close.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one of their gasoline tiny tach's on a 1/8 scale model locomotive, and that thing is a real piece of junk! Of course, it came attached to a Honda engine, and the rest of the machine is of dubious qualtiy, so hard to say if it is the tach or the implementation that is the problem, but for the money, I'd hope this other product is more refined.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a knockoff of the kent moore j33300 and j33300-a meters. Read down it actually tells you there is a need for two probes just like the kent moore meters. One for the hard line clamp and one for the mag probe at the crank. Is this a less expensive meter than the kent moore. Yes but is it better.. My guess is not even close.
Funny part...

They use 3300 model # in their listing and it's so similar to J33000 it's just clearly a knock off to me!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online