Possible electrical issue??

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, here as of lately, when i go to start my truck it fires up on first crank but dies as soon as i let go of the key. I can start it if i give it some throttle and keep the key turned. Also this morning on my way to work i hit a bump and my voltage meter started bouncing, it went back to normal and then the next bump i hit the truck lost all power and coasted to a stop. I put it in park and started it right up, checked under hood and nothing seems out of place, batteries are still where they were. I noticed when my truck is in park, reverse or when i turn my turn signal on the engine light comes on, but goes away when i start moving or turn off the turn signal. I am at a loss here. I know there has to be some kinda electrical short or something goin on. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well just fixed it lol...i started it a little bit ago and started backing up and my knee knocked the steering column and the truck died. Turns out when i had my wreck that a wire must have gotten pinched. I ****** the column around a little bit and now it starts fine and no more false lights.