Possible blown headgasket?

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok I know I've been postin a lot but hey I gotta lot of questions lol. But anyway I had real bad over heating problems the last few months and I got it real damn hot one night so the next day I changed radiators I didnt wanna screw my motor up before I get the other one out to even build it but anyway it's been fine ever since but today I over heated it bad like pegged bad.weve been muddin hard cause one of my neighbors came over and basicly told us to get off our own land so we decided we were gone play harder.mainly cause my dad told us to but anyway I got stuck and it got hot cause it's got so much fuel goin into it.ive started smelling coolant with my air or heat on now and I added a gallon of water to it so idk if it was just low and that's why it got hot or what cause I have had that happen before but I've been puttin a gallon or so every week or two if I run it really hard.cant see any leaks anywere and not coolant smoke or a miss or anything.any ideas?

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the floor is wet on the pass side, the heater core is leaking.
.ive started smelling coolant with my air or heat on now

That's a damn good indication.

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What were the engine temps when it was overheating? Sounds to me like you blew a head gasket and/or cracked a cylinder head or two. Even though the heads are cast iron, they can & will crack. Just depends on how hot you ran it.

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
When it over heated idk but on the stock temp guage it read past hot then changed the radiator and it was fine till now and when it got hot this time it was pretty well pegged to

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
Ok coolant smell is my heater core were pretty sure and I think my radiator is stopped up.i washed it out some and it helped so I may pull it and really pressure wash it good
You must be registered for see images
we had fun but idk if it was worth it lol.atleast not till I get bigger tires

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow a diesel...small tyres a d BIG ASS heavy bumper...yup betcha sink well..

Betcha get good traction in 4wd on front axle too on slippy firmer stuff.

Sure decreases approach angle but look out deer n such wow love that bumper!!!!

83ford

ford diesel baby
Reaction score
I don't get **** for traction on the front my tires are slick as hell.im gettin some 285's this week for it though so Thatll help out a lot lol.and Ya it's a deer slayer for sure lol