Possible 3" turbo downpipe option

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score

Late_99_psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For $80 your better off getting a local pipe bender to make you something. Your gonna have to madify that piece alot to get it anywhere close anyway. Not to mention the flange probably wont bolt up to your turbo.

wmoguy

Reaction score
or just a readymade one from Banks for $110.. done deal, no messing around with getting things to fit on a "custom" job

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
It's a 5 bolt flange so as far as I know it will bolt up on that end.

I have the banks downpipe, it is only 2 1/2 at the flange, and less than 3 at the end. and that's after going throught the restrictive elbow.

Imagine how much flow you would have in that nice smooth runner if it is really a 3" at the flange, and the only other way to do it is spend something like $550 at ATS.

No big deal if I'm wacked on this somewhere, that's why I posted it, my truck is together, there's no way I'm messing with it in that sense now.

wmoguy

Reaction score
It's a 5 bolt flange so as far as I know it will bolt up on that end.

I have the banks downpipe, it is only 2 1/2 at the flange, and less than 3 at the end. and that's after going throught the restrictive elbow.

Imagine how much flow you would have in that nice smooth runner if it is really a 3" at the flange, and the only other way to do it is spend something like $550 at ATS.

No big deal if I'm wacked on this somewhere, that's why I posted it, my truck is together, there's no way I'm messing with it in that sense now.

you must have a different Banks downpipe than I just bought. See pic of mine, it's 3" all the way...

Attachments

• Greeley-20110830-00088-1.jpg
    Greeley-20110830-00088-1.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 27

wmoguy

Reaction score
that's not an IDI down pipe. it's for a powerstroke. so you are gunna have to mod it.

lets hope not. I just spoke w/ 2 different peeps at Banks and both claim part 52102 is for the IDI w/ Auto Trans

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I would say I got the 52103, but it attaches with a v-band clamp to the elbow flange.

Yours looks like it has the 5 bolt adapter so you don't need an elbow.

If that is what it is supposed to be that would be great, well unless it really dosen't fit around a ZF.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head I would say I got the 52103, but it attaches with a v-band clamp to the elbow flange.

Yours looks like it has the 5 bolt adapter so you don't need an elbow.

If that is what it is supposed to be that would be great, well unless it really dosen't fit around a ZF.

The ZF is smaller.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
That Dp in the picture is for a sidewinder, not a ATS.

Yeah, I have a banks downpipe on my ATS now but, as far as I know that is the same 5 bolt pattern that bolts to the hot side once I remove my elbow. I guess if it was on mine I would have no wastegate.

I suppose the ATS might be positioned differently with the up-pipe in which case that downpipe wouldnt' be bent properly for it.:dunno

Like I say, I'm not doing anything on mine anytime soon, but it would be nice to figure out better ways to go to real three inch downpipe than ATSs elbow.

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the ATS and banks are completely different in the way they sit. ATS sits on the pass. side and banks sits behind the intake manifold, the DP's are not interchangeable.

My banks w/ DP

You must be registered for see images attach