poll- how long has your stancor 586-902 lasted

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well after 3 days of reading all over the web i have found mixed feelings about this part.

So i want to know of the ones that have this in place of their stock gpr how long it has lasted, how cold it is there in the winter, and when you purchased it. I have a hunch that some of these that were made early on are junk.

So lets see what everyone has to say

happy holidays

bbressler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have just had mine 2 years. Gets down to zero sometimes, but regularly around 15. Purchased it 2 years ago, but box looked a year or two old at that time..

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The stancor lasts forever.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is stancor the one you get when you shop at the IH store..? If so, and we are talking glow plug relay, 1 month, 5,000 miles, and the GP system quit, plugs have resistance, and wiring loom checks out, have replaced the solenoid on the relay a handful of times with known good ones, and no GP.. tomorrow is the troubleshoot and sunday go pull used ones from the JY day.

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, stancor isnt the one you get when you visit the IH store. The stancor is an aftermarket relay that someone researched into enough to figure out it would be more than sufficient for our application and much heavier than OEM parts.

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ANd I am IDI anyway... didn't realize I was posting in the P-stroke forum.....

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my $.02 I put a napa pt# gpr111 (about $50) on my wife's powerstroke over 4 years ago, still works perfect, and just installed one on a friends powerstroke a couple of weeks ago (its been 20- 35 degrees here last few days) and got a big;Sweet from him.

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a sensor that feeds the glowplug relay... it is little known. i know the old idi's had them. it is a knock sensor... when it craps out, it will kill the gpr and gp's because it actually allows the gp's to cycle once the engine is running in extreme cold. it will cycle the glowplugs until it stops "knocking"

res0wc18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The little sensor that tells them when to cycle etc what is it called and where is it located?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online