pic of my old plugs

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck back. The old plugs are stamped "BERU GERMANY 0 100 271101". No broken tips, although they look well used, age unknown. One broken plug on the electrical end. The others had low resistance (good) on 6 plugs and infinite on 1 plug. So 2 were bad and perhaps others on the verge of failure. INDY charged me $156 (I bought the new Beru plugs online), 2 hours labor. Thought that was reasonable since I chickened out doing it myself.
You must be registered for see images attach

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How hard is that one under the turbo to get to? I think I should start changing glow plugs on the weekend.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
When changing the glow plugs a simple suggestion is to do the ones under the turbo. Then every plug after that gets easier to do. Good to know the plugs were beru too. To say you chickened out isn't fair... You choose to allow someone else to do for you what you felt you didn't have the knowledge to do. theres nothing wrong with knowing your limitations. A man has to know his limitations. So how does it start now... I bet it fires right up once the plug lite goes out...

jim_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When changing the glow plugs a simple suggestion is to do the ones under the turbo. Then every plug after that gets easier to do. Good to know the plugs were beru too. To say you chickened out isn't fair... You choose to allow someone else to do for you what you felt you didn't have the knowledge to do. theres nothing wrong with knowing your limitations. A man has to know his limitations. So how does it start now... I bet it fires right up once the plug lite goes out...

Thanks for your kind words. Glow plug stories are kind of scary. And I just expected the worst junk to be in there. Based on one cold start with snow flakes flying, it was super. Especially compared to how steamed I was when I could not start it last week at 45 degrees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online