Performance clutch for the 6.9

6.9idi_sam

Reaction score
Is there a company who does a high performance clutch for the 6.9. Just the factory 4speed. My original clutch is starting
To slip and would like a nicer one

south bend clutch

Reaction score
We can trade you out from the factory 11" clutch to a 12" clutch which in it's self is a good upgrade but better yet would be to go with Kevlar clutch material. southbendclutch.com

Peter

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We can trade you out from the factory 11" clutch to a 12" clutch which in it's self is a good upgrade but better yet would be to go with Kevlar clutch material. southbendclutch.com

Peter

do you have a different pressure plate for the 12" clutch if youre running the T19 vs the zf5?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my SBC has taken a beating!
purchased the zf5 conversion kit.
it was pretty expensive, almost 800 bucks.
but it came with a SMF and everything to instal it.
the heaviest i tow is about a 4000 boat, but i never have a problem at the ramps.
and those things are slick.

6.9idi_sam

Reaction score
Well this is my great grandfather s old truck. It only had a 110k on it. I'm trying to keep it all original. But I tow with it. If they don't do one Goethe 4 speed I'll just have o do s factory style

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like SBC said, they make them, however i dont think they will chime in again.
hopefully they will
advertisement without customer support has always been awesome in my book.......
glad i knew exactly what i needed...

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Give Pete and the guys a call. Awesome guys to work with and will build to spec for ya.
I had the 13" smf kit for the ZF in the dually and used it behind the cummins and has held up to everything it's been thrown at it even dragging a 14k fiver behind it using their throttle pedal as an on/off switch. I've used their kits on several truck jobs I've done over the years and they get worked hard.

south bend clutch

Reaction score
Yes. Would that clutch work with the stock flywheel.MU 0080TZ

That would be the guy. Folks we can build whatever you need from mild to wild just takes a call to us and we will walk you through a series of questions to get the appropriate clutch for the application and needs. I hope I don't get in trouble for speaking out here but have tried on many ocassions to sponsor the site with no reply.

Peter

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. Would that clutch work with the stock flywheel.MU 0080TZ

That would be the guy. Folks we can build whatever you need from mild to wild just takes a call to us and we will walk you through a series of questions to get the appropriate clutch for the application and needs. I hope I don't get in trouble for speaking out here but have tried on many ocassions to sponsor the site with no reply.

Peter

i love your product.
everything went in without a hitch!
as far as advertising, this site isnt as strict as others.
you can always tell the site owner, that you are a supporting member and that you are interested in becoming a sponsor again, until they respond..
of course you would have to become a supporting member first :D
all it takes is a link and a credit card :D im sure you have a company card lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online

No members online now.