Partial Banks Turbo Kit

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a partial Banks non wastegated turbo kit for sale. This is the old style square airbox setup with a T04B turbo. I have the turbo, bracket, downpipe, heat shield, and oil supply and drain lines. The kit is off an automatic truck and will not fit a manual. The turbo mount bracket is slightly different between auto and manual on these kits and the auto bracket causes the up-pipe to hit the bellhousing.

You would need an up pipe and y-pipe, (which is not that hard to fabricate) air filter, CDR/RDT replacement and intake hat in addition to some small parts and hardware. The oil lines do not include the elbow off the block, but both lines and the pressure sender are there. (the elbow is a simple JIC-4 to 1/8 NPT elbow and is $1.16 from discounthydraulic.com - PN 2501-04-02) There is a thermalcouple installed but I do not know if it's any good.

Finally, the turbo need a rebuild. It was siezed when I got it, not sure why. The previous owner says it was rebuild but something was put in backwards and it need a new bearing support or something and a rebuilt kit. I am not sure where he got this info, nor why he wouldn't have just taken it back for warentty.... he was also rather completely drunk when I spoke with him, so who knows what the real story it. The unit does look like it was rebuilt but I couldn't see anything obviously wrong. Both bearings and the trust bearing were tight on the shaft, but with no scoring or obvious problems. I don't see anything that makes me think the housing itself is damaged, and the compressor wheel and compressor and exhaust housings both look good. The turbine has some blade damage however, and there is some scoring on the shaft from when it was removed. So bottom line it's a rebuildable core and shouldn't be too costly to rebuild.

$250 OBO.

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
If he doesn't take it, would you part it out? I had a guy send me an email offering $100 the the turbo drain tube and the rubber elbow between the turbo and filter. I could forward him to you if shipping was reasonable. Please PM me and let me know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828