One More Trip To The Store!!!!!

ddec4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have all had those days where we work our butt off from morning till night and dont get a dang thing accomplished. Yesterday morning I started off on a roll that went rapidly downhill.:mad: I have been putting off a couple of projects due to finishing some cleaning up and wiring in my new 30'x40' shop,
such as fuel return lines, install pyro, install boost guage,build custom air intake.:thumbsup:

So I go in the shop, lay out my parts, remove my existing ATS airbox all the way back to the radiator. I did some looking to decide where I want to locate my pyro thermocouple. The jury is still out on that one either crossover pipe or right below the turbo on the riser.

I see I have a plug in my intake hat that I can only assume is for a fitting for a boost guage. The stupid thing wont come out and I finally broke off my only 11/64" socket allen in it. So I soaked it in penn oil and went on to the return lines.-cuss

This went pretty well, The kit I bought from the guy off ebay was a good one. I chose not to do injector seals because my injectors arent leaking just the return lines so no point in pulling them. The kit does come with exactly the right amount of fuel line to replace every fuel line so measure twice cut once came in handy.;Sweet

THEN IT STARTED!!!:rolleyes:

I was on a roll and my wife needed an errand ran. I needed to go get a couple of things any how. Her list total $25. Mine Total $125. She wouldnt have known what to get if I sent her with my list anyhow. :cool

2 hrs. of running around later. I am back to work. I unpack my pieces from my little scavenger hunt. I start to lay out my pipe for my cold air intake. I wanted to go from my 3" turbo inlet to 4" then an elbow. Well there wasn't room.:eek: No problem I had a 3" rubber elbow that will fit perfect as my son and I looked at it I got to thinking I could fit my cone filter between the grill and the radiator (for now until I get my cac.) that will get me cooler air and I wont have to relocate my battery today.;p Well this ment I did not have enough pieced to make it through the core support and turn down. So back off to home depot.:confused:

Had to BBQ dinner first then after dinner my kid and Ran up the street to the local farm supply I figuered they had to have 3"pvc. WRONG!!! I ended up driving acrossed town to home depot anyhow to get what I needed.-cuss

Ok back home parts laid out for intake appears it will work out good. Back to the boost and pyro. Pulled broken piece out of plug,tried new socket allen that I had to swing by work and get out of my toolbox. Wont budge. So I heated it up still nothing. heated a little more and then snapped that allen off.
(T.G.I. Snap-On) :mad: by the time I got that piece out the plug is pretty much damaged. I have to drill it, I got to remove my intake hat and since its not intercooled yet the turbo outlet slips into the intake. Well I cant just remove the intake. I have to somehow loosen and reclock my compressor housing to allow it to come off. Well that all fine and good except there is one bolt that is so close to the intake hat that icant loosen it so I cant clock the housing so I can remove the intake(see where this is going!!!) I can remove my turbo but that is a whole nother pandoras box sometimes. I decide to drill the plug on the engine. I have my kid hold a magnet next to my drill bit while I drill slowly to catch all shavings. Try and easy out. NO GO! Drill it out bigger heat again finally it comes out. Open up my boost guage that came with all the hardware and line and the hose barb that is supposed to thread into the hole is not included.-cuss

So today I am off to the store again!!!!!!! Wish Me Luck!!

I will take pics of my sensor install and my intake today and post them later.

F350farmboy

The Hornet
Reaction score
I hate it when that happens...except its 5x worse for me because the nearest home improvement store is 25 mins away!!!

That kinda gives me a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach when I spent at least an hour of my time getting parts to find out I forgot something and need to waste another hour...sucks!