On the Trail

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dsltech83 and I went to Windrock OHV in Oliver Springs Tn last weekend with some jeeping friends of mine. Here's a few pictures we thought everyone might like. Needless to say, the jeep guys were surprised at the obstacles we conquered. The first 2 pics are of my 91 F-250. It has completely stock suspension and a welded rear end. The 3rd and 4th pic are of dsltech83 and his 6.9.

Attachments

• IMG_0244.JPG
    IMG_0244.JPG
    298.6 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0204.JPG
    IMG_0204.JPG
    296.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0233.JPG
    IMG_0233.JPG
    274.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0240.JPG
    IMG_0240.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Glad to see more diesels on the trail. I love shutting up the jeep and zuki( cough Jason cough) guys.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We were running with A couple JKs riding on 37's that had shocks worth more than my truck and a few YJ's and TJ's on 33's. We drove about 6 hrs South to get there. Pics barely do some of that justice. This one is a boulder I pushed around a while.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    276.8 KB · Views: 32

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
GEES... WILL YOU LOOK AT THE FRAME TWIST GONG ON THERE.:eek::eek: That really shows off how well built a Ford frame is.....:thumbsup::sly

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The next morning one of the Jeep guys came up to us and said, "I want to shake your hand, you guys should be a Built Ford Tough comercial";Sweet

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Awesome! ;Sweet Looks like a ton of fun. I wish I had a single cab IDI for trail duty, my 4 door long bed is just toooooooooo looooooonnnnnggggg haha.

The frame flex is the only thing that saves my F350 in the Utah redrock. While it looks odd that's what they're designed to do ;Sweet

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. Really nice to see these old IDI's out on the trail. The torque makes them a great tool for the job eh?:D Wish I knew you guys where coming South. I'd like to have meet you two in KY on the way down or on the way home.

Heath

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Thanks for the photos. Really nice to see these old IDI's out on the trail. The torque makes them a great tool for the job eh?:D Wish I knew you guys where coming South. I'd like to have meet you two in KY on the way down or on the way home.

Heath

that's why i love the 6.9 in the scout. let out clutch, engine idle does the rest! ;Sweet

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man now i gotta get my front lift on so my tires wont rub offroad lol

stevedrums

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so you wheeled with stock f250 suspensions?!?!? how was your back after?
if i was gonna wheel mine i'd definately get some softer springs!! would cut down on frame flex too

69IDI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4 lo and granny gear these things are just unstoppable. Mines surprised me many times with the inclines its climbed.

Sledgehammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Heath

Last fall we went to LBL, We had a schedule this trip but next time we get a wild hair to go somewhere South I'll let you know.