On the rebound!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Hi fellow oil combusters!

Miss me?!

Wel, things have been up and down since I sold the blue 1993 I had.

I sold the Regal, and bought a MINT (and I mean absolutely mint) 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with the Comp G package.

Paddle shifters, heads up display, FE3 suspension, etc.

Only had -00k miles on the clock when I got it. Mad new winter tires, good summers, two sets of alloy wheels.....all for $1500.

I JUST bought my wife a 2014 Ford Fiesta two weeks ago. A LOT smaller than the loaded 50 ton trucks I usually drive, but it's some good on gas!

I also acquired a 1996 ram 1500 ext cab long box 2wd. In pretty good shape, needs a few bits and pieces but it runs.

I'm still trucking away, but yesterday....I got a phone call that could be a total game changer.

Right now, I work 60-70 hours a week, for $725 take home. There is a lot of mechanical work to do, a lot of long drives, rough terrain etc. not takes its toll on the body.

Well, back in April I applied for a DOT job....vehicle compliance.

Never heard anything so I thought it was over and done and I didn't get a call.

Yesterday, I get a call from the head of the department. He wants to have an interview with me in person this Thursday.

$1000 a week take home, only work 40 hours a week, nice clean uniform, inside at the scales....and no lay offs.

I'm going after it whole hog!

This leads me to my next paragraph. If I do get it, I'll be in the market for a rust free, western or southern idi powered rig.

I'll even take a week off to go get it myself!

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Some pics to show what I've been upto lately.
You must be registered for see images attach

1976 Ford L9000 I drive and maintain. I'm pretty **** about her!

My hobby 7"x12" lathe. I'm using it to do gun smithing on the side.

Vicki's new car. 2014 Ford Fiesta SE.

Vicki's old car, 2004 Pontiac Grand Am SE. Not mint, but in wicked shape!

My new car.

Absolutely mint. 2004 Pontiac Grand Prox GTP Comp G

Last edited:

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score

Here's the 1939 mosin project I built over the last year or so.

Bought it as a bone stock rifle.

I dropped it in the archangel stock, cut the barrel at 20.5" long, 11* target recrown, ATI scope mount, custom made bolt handle, custom made bolt knob, custom made fore stock rail, ncstar bipod, cheap but effective Barska 10-40x50 scope...needs new lo pro rings though.

Had it out to 300 yards with no issues hitting 4" clay pigeons set on the berm.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good Luck on getting that DOT job. Kinda miss seeing all those traffic videos.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nice to see you moving on to another idi. As for the job I really hope its yours. At least from your own words its sounds better than promising or hopeful. Your idea of buying a west coast rust free rig is a great idea. You like many others would cry watching what towcat sends to the scrappers out here. They are rust free rigs.. But if their was money in hauling them east you bet he would know how to do it.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take the DOT job put in 20/25 and retire with a nice pension..

As luck would have it I just, as in an hour ago ,got a call from a guy with a 94 factory turbo, 160 ish on the clock, extra cab 4x4 f250 , he will be selling if that floats your boat.
I told him to sign up here and put it in the marketplace.
Glad to here life is good.

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the big cam cummins...congrats on the new job. I got one not to long ago making twice the money as my old one driving a truck delivering ice....48 ft ****** pulling two loads a day.

Goofyexponent

Mentally Unstable..
Reaction score
Sorry all, I was on my (*&)(& Ipad. I HATE that damn thing, but the computer was down with a virus I got in an email.

Thanks for the words of encouragement and welcoming me back.

I got myself a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup this spring. It's a hard way to obtain such a truck, but it was given to my by the boss's wife after he passed this April of stage 4 cancer.

We were pretty close to each other, I spent a lot of time over there helping out with the trucks, plowing snow for him, making sure he had everything taken care of so he could actually rest.

After he passed, none of the family wanted the old truck, so it was handed to me. Needs back brakes, an alternator and the exhaust from the car back is pretty much non existant.

I'm going to fix it up, put a nice exhaust on it and keep it until it breaks in half. I'll always know where it came from and it means something to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online