OK Guys, how can I fix this one?

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installing my new IP and I ran into a problem getting the round nut off the throttle shaft to connect my TPS sensor. One of the two Torx screws broke off inside there. Ive gone through 4 drill bits trying to get this thing out but its not working. Anyone know where I can find this thing?
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried the junk yards? If you can't find one, I am sure an oilburners member will send you one of their spares. Sorry but I do not have one of those in my stash

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CAREFULLY Grind a FLAT spot where you have been drilling to flatten that out, get a left hand drill bit and use lots of cutting oil and a slow steady pace...or take to a machine shop and have it milled out.

JM2CW

Al

02x72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately no junk yards in th area have and IDIs in them. Gonna have to give that left hand drill bit idea a shot. I've gotta be careful with this thing though, don't wanna damage it and send Mel back a bad core.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well as others have posted. That is not a torque screw so if you broke a torque sriver head in there it not going to drill out. Now for the really bad news. I see you have the easy allen screw removed already. Now the stuck screw in actualy into a drilled hole in the shaft so it will not slide off the shaft with pressure. So don't even try that. Sadly it looks like you have tried that so stop. I also do not see any cutting oil or penatrating oil has been used as I posted in another thread about this. Everyone here thats answered your posts are attempting to help you. We are the reason this site works so well. Its time to read whats posted and do that. Many before you have been in this place once before too so see what has been posted. Call around to some injection pump rebuild shops. All I did was walk into one and ask for one of these. They gave me three of them.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a set of extractors from Home Depot that are left hand bits on on end and extractor on the other. They haven't failed me yet but it all depends on how hard the material the screws are. Little grey plastic box with a set of three in them. Sorry don't remember the name. If that don't work, mill may be the only way to drill it out straight and controlled. Good luck.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted on one of these threads I thought. I think I have one of those TPS deals in my toolbox. If your still looking let me know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online