Oilburners Gets A Mention In Diesel Power Magizine

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I just got my April issue of diesel power magizine and read what Jason Thompson said about us. Oilburners is the place to get the information from the idi gurus. I have been talking and helping Jason and Alex with timing and several other idi related issues. Alex will be tearing down his 7.3 in the near future too. The article is on page 44 in the mag. Really great to see us getting world wide attention....:sly:D:hail

erikbala

Ride rank make Bank
Reaction score
My copy was in the mail box today! The idi recognition is pretty cool. Thanks OB's for all the know how!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:eek: Is that so...... I had no idea this attention could go badly for us here at OB. I guess one could look at this from differant views I suppose...:dunno:D

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek: Is that so...... I had no idea this attention could go badly for us here at OB. I guess one could look at this from differant views I suppose...:dunno:D
when the "new" feels it is their god given duty to change if not outright destroy what is already here, that is bad.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I did see the mention, Gary. In addition to the mention of our site there are some good down to earth readings to be had, pobably the best issue in a while. There is also an incedible dent side Fummins to drool over.

fuelscrew

Diesel Addict
Reaction score
We got mentioned in project 300 last year too when they showed how to use a dial bore gauge iirc they borrowed the gauge from one of the "guru" members

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when the "new" feels it is their god given duty to change if not outright destroy what is already here, that is bad.

Yeah but the staff here is such flaming ****** and the members are so busy swinging on ball sacks that nothing new could ever change this place. :fan:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
:eek::rotflmao Swinging on ball sacks... Now that plain funny right there. Mike... I almost spit food all over my computer screen once again.. Note to self.. Stop eating and drinking Diet Dr Pepper while reading Oilburners...:D
Actually this is the third time Diesel Power magizine has written about me and what I have done for others. Jason Thompson has been more than generous with me and the magazine. I'm not doing any more or less for him either. I enjoy helping others and its a payback when those that I have helped can offer help to others. The teaching of those that need and want it will carry over to many others. We can't live for ever so passing it along is what makes life worth living. I remember when I bought this truck and only knew it was a diesel with 8 pistons but that was about it. Do I know it all yet... Nope. I still am facinated at what I still learn from others here. Hopefully that will never end too. I have noticed most of my questions are not easily answered here or anywhere. I really want to know why the heads have a minimum thickness seeing they have a flat combustion area. And why are the 6.9 block and heads haveing open coolant passages in the lower areas where the 7.3 is plugged off. These are engineering questions but someone may have an inside line of someone that may answer the questions. And why are only 7.3 new heads available and not 6.9 heads. It might be economics but I believe its because the 7.3 heads can be used on the 6.9. They will bolt right up and a member here hand drilled out a set of 6.9 heads and put them on a 7.3...:eek: That was a tuff ******** right there drilling out 34 holes to 33/64th....

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but the staff here is such flaming ****** and the members are so busy swinging on ball sacks that nothing new could ever change this place. :fan:

Jealousy and envy are ugly human traits. Certain people are more prone to lean that way than others. Don't sweat it Mike.;Sweet Haters will hate. We know what we have here and the BS drama that the jealous/envious try spread from other sites won't turn this place into something it shouldn't be. You and the mods do a great job of keeping OB a place I want to be a part of.

Thanks.

Heath

Last edited:

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score

After the "CHANGE" we got in '08 :puke: I'm kinda glad of who we have here:hail

Flaming ****** swinging on ballsacks....mind if take that show on the road:rotflmao.....I promise to give you all the credit;p

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance