Oil Supply fitting, Enable my Laziness

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been 6 days a week at work and have not gotten the chance to finish my turbo kit install on my 6.9. I picked up a 093 factory kit fully complete for 700 off of craigslist. The only thing I do not have is a fitting to adapt the factory oil pressure sending unit shaft to the turbo oil supply line on the factory kit. I was wondering if anyone knew the thread pitch to each component. I think the factory oil pressure sending unit tube is 1/4 and I believe the turbo oil supply is 1/2, but I am not 100% sure, and just have not had the time to go over to grainger and track down a fitting. Does anyone know the sizes for both these components?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Before anyone can tell you the fitting size in your block we need to know what engine it is. I can offer some information. any and all 6.9 blocks will have all the same oil port size and threads. they are 1/8th inch pipe threads at27 threads per inch of the taper kind. Now any 7.3 na block has the same size and type. then if you have a 7.3 factory turbo block all those oil port fitting threads are going to be 1/4 inch pipe thread taper cut at 18 threads per inch.. As for the special turbo fitting found on the factory turbo blocks I can't advise where to find that. Maybe Mel or Ruff might know. Russ has al the parts that hypermax or ATs sold off a few months back. Can't recall what his inventory is but give him a call. I do recall the special fitting has an olive nut connecter on it to the turbo. I really don't care for that fitting and sure don't understand why its there. Maybe vibration cancelation...

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ive got feed line kits made up that come from the block oil galley by the filter, PM me if you want, price comparable to that weblink, better oil supply and way easier than dicking around with all the adapters to make it work on the stock sending unit spot. The correct compression fitting will be hardest to find. They are made but rarely in stock.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Thats kinda what I thought too Russ. Just reaching way back on the top of the engine to attempt to fit the factory oil feed line is tuf at best. then if you have a leak after the turbo is in place you better have small hands and be good working by feel way back there.. I prefer the bellhousing port because its so easy to reach. Getting the plug out might be the hardest part of that job but hopefull the plug has the square head on it and not the allen wrench recessed head...

tbirdfiend281

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive got feed line kits made up that come from the block oil galley by the filter, PM me if you want, price comparable to that weblink, better oil supply and way easier than dicking around with all the adapters to make it work on the stock sending unit spot. The correct compression fitting will be hardest to find. They are made but rarely in stock.

Yesir you know exactly what I am looking for then. It's really frustrating because the large fine thread end is used on dt 466 lift pumps, but the other end of that fitting doesn't match up with the npt threads on the oil pressure sending unit adapter fitting. I thought about drilling and threading to fit to make it work, but seemed like the wrong route to go. I am rigging something up to get the truck going for now, but once I get off my phone and onto a computer I will be pming you.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726