oil pressure warning

SearsMech

Reaction score
Get a sending unit out of a vehicle that doesn't have gauges (warning light) and run it to a buzzer instead of a light. You'll need a 1/8" NPT T fitting. One end male with 2 female ends. As for the buzzer you might be able to find something that you can load a mp3 (ringtone?) onto.

http://www.fastfittings.com/

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Yeah I dont think I need anything that complicated. Is anyone willing to part with their factory door buzzer?

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
very simple, just need a NO pressure switch set to a desired pressure, use the signal from that to close a relay that will activate the buzzer of your choice. only reason I say to use the relay because the contacts in the pressure switch will have to be able to handle the load from the buzzer

gatorman21218

Reaction score
ok that sounds simple enough. now where do I find all this stuff? The last time I googled electronics I almost got killed. No seriously. I have a toggle switch that runs the ignition. Right as I pull out into the intersection the switch explodes, causing me to drift helplessly across 2 lanes of traffic.

On that note I probably convert everything to relays and clean up some of my wiring a bit. O God how I love wiring.

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get a gauge from auber instruments which can be programmed to close a relay when it goes below a certain pressure. I would install it, see what normal is, and then program it. Mounting location has a lot to do with the pressure you'll be reading as "normal."

redneckaggie

rebel w/o a cause
Reaction score
well lets start of with do you want the switch adjustable or set to one pressure and if set to one pressure what pressure do you want it to close(activate)