Oil loss?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
the other night driving home i heard a rattle, tick tick comming from the engine. I turned off the radio and sure as chit i hear a liffter tick. Now i notice the oil press is down around 1/4(it usually runs around 1/2) If i slowed down to 55 (was crusin at 75) the tick went away and oil pressure retured to normal. When i got home i checked the oil and :eek: nothing on the stick! I added 2 quarts and still nothing. 2 more quarts and i had just the tip wet. 2 more quarts and she is in the normal. My question is....... Where did my oil go? been 5 months and 2k since oil change. Engine has some leakes here and there but nothining that bad. It doesen't apperar to bolw any blue smoke. Just a little black when i got her wound up tight

O and this is the first 2k i have put on the truck since i bought it. 155k on the truck

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Could be possibly consuming it thru the valve guide seals.:dunno

Did the truck set for any length of time before you acquired it?

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
as far as i know it got used like once a week. was not a daily driver. Thats about how i use it now too:dunno

Andylad13

DieselBoy
Reaction score
How long have you owned the truck? I know that I check the oil about every 2 weeks just to make sure nothing bad is happening. You should do the same, since you were only at 40% capacity.