Oil leak possible locations?

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
I have an oil leak that has shown up on my '90 7.3. I haven't had a lot of time to look into it yet. It is on the drivers side and seems to be running down from a little higher up on the engine but below the valve cover. I replaced valve cover gaskets last spring. Any ideas on common sources of oil leaks on that side?

Thanks!

Fullsize4life

Now with More Smoke
Reaction score
just had this done NOT cheap but worth the money to have it done. Mine was 350 with a new to me cooler and all the labor.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If you want to know where the leak is coming from for sure, you can get UV dye from NAPA or snap on that goes in the oil that works the same as the kind used for air conditioning systems for finding leaks ( takes 2 little bottles for an engine this size) you will need the UV light and glasses to see the trail , you can get those at any parts store pretty cheap ( although stronger UV lights are handier). The leak will leave a bright yellow glowing trail directly to the point of the leak eliminating ALL guess work ;Sweet

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you use that dye in the fuel too? I have a fuel leak that is driving me nuts. I am starting to suspect the IP but can't tell for sure.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Can you use that dye in the fuel too? I have a fuel leak that is driving me nuts. I am starting to suspect the IP but can't tell for sure.

They do make a dye that works in fuel. Snap on has it as a combination oil fuel atf dye , not sure how Napa sells it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online