Oil cleaners for making black diesel

jvinsnes

Reaction score
Has anyone used oil cleaning devices for filtering WMO? How are they different from just plain filters? I have a Triple R oil cleaner with a 2micron absolute value. Would there be a difference running this vs a 2micron filter sock?

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
So you wanting to filter oil for what reason? Oil to run as fuel?

I thought Tripple R filters were designed as a By-Pass Oil filter like the Frantz By-Pass Oil filter.

On one of my rigs I use a Tripple R Filter & a Frantz Filter set up in series and use this set-up as oil by-pass filters......separate from my regular spin on filter. Frantz & Tripple R both use regular bathroom Tolite Paper inside them to do the filtering.

jvinsnes

Reaction score
So you wanting to filter oil for what reason? Oil to run as fuel?

I thought Tripple R filters were designed as a By-Pass Oil filter like the Frantz By-Pass Oil filter.

On one of my rigs I use a Tripple R Filter & a Frantz Filter set up in series and use this set-up as oil by-pass filters......separate from my regular spin on filter. Frantz & Tripple R both use regular bathroom Tolite Paper inside them to do the filtering.
I intend to use it as fuel yes. I don’t know much about these filters, hence why I am asking. So it is basically just a filter, nothing special? I thought there could be a difference between a filter and an «oil cleaner» My RRR oil cleaner has a filter in it that looks to be of similar size as a toilet paper roll haha.