OBS Hood Insulation

tbrumm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Everybody. Does anybody have a source for a replacement underhood insulation pad for our trucks? Now, before some chime in and begin a debate about whether or not having hood insulation actually accomplishes anything, let me just say that I want to replace my old hood insulation. I think it does help a bit with noise, and I think that any underhood insulation can only help up here in the frigid north. Ford still lists the underhood insulation pad, but it has been discontinued and there isn't a single dealer in the US that still has one-I tried! LMC shows a "universal" one in their catalog, but I am reluctant to go the "cut and hope it fits" route. The insluation pad on my truck is ratty looking from a serpentine belt failure, and is also falling apart due to age. I did find this on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/290720773035?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 Has anybody here purchased this product? Anbody use another product that they are happy with? Does anybody have the Ford part number for the orginal OBS insulation pad? If I had the number, maybe I could check with Vintage Parts and see if they still have one. Thanks in advance for any information! Todd

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
If only you would've asked about a month earlier. I tore mine of. Wasn't ripped or anything, just dusty. What about the dynamat type of insulation?
(Maybe not that brand specifically, but I can't remember the name of the under hood kind)