OBS bigger capacity fuel tank options?

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How big is the Bronco tank?

My mom and dad have had a '93, '94, and '99 suburban over the years. That's what made me think of one of those. I know it holds around 40 and junk yard tanks would be plentiful if it was a good fit. I don't want any GM parts on my pickup that bad, but if the shoe fits.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How big is the Bronco tank?

My mom and dad have had a '93, '94, and '99 suburban over the years. That's what made me think of one of those. I know it holds around 40 and junk yard tanks would be plentiful if it was a good fit. I don't want any GM parts on my pickup that bad, but if the shoe fits.

Bronco = 33 Gallons

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the superduty midship 38 gal tank mounted on my pickup. It takes modifying the tank so that it doesn't conflict with the shocks. I heated mine up, & pushed the corner in to modify it. The tank leaked after that until I used an HDPE extrusion welder to seal it up. I also had to modify the frame cross member bracing so that the tank wouldnt run into the driveline. If I had to do it all over again, I would buy a larger aftermarket tank for the midship tank.

I have searched for an after market mid tank with no success, I'll have to look into that 38 gallon Superduty tank now...rofl...

I just may know where one is, not sure though...:sly

That being said, I suspect if it's working for you with some mild troubles it's not that bad of an idea...

Imagine....

38 gallon mid tank
38 gallon rear tank...or the 40/45 gallon aftermarket one!

Ya that's some distance ability!

I have some drawings for a 40 or 45 gallon rear tank...I can post..if wanted...

Al

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Al, post it on up. If nothing else, it'd at least be interesting to look at.

Ok I'll see what I can do,

Went to town today and saw a F550 SD so parked next to it....and voila..

Nice large sized tank wow!
You must be registered for see images attach

And looky here...hmmm....dual hose filler setup...and it appeared stock!

And lastly here we have the filler neck....NICE

All in all that's just about what I am doing with my trucks setup....just gotta find out about that freakin rear tank man that's awesome!

I'll have to hunt my drawings down, they came from a tank manufacturer that no longer produces that style...not a great drawing but I'll find it

Al

War Wagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measured the '99 suburban tank tonight. It's about 28w and 32l. My '94 measures about 33W/27L in the rear, and 13W/61L for the front. So, the suburban tank might work if you turned it sideways, but I like the Aero tank better. It's only $$$.

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$410.00 via there site WOW i can tig weld something together for way cheeper holy s#%t

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, 8 months later, it's $528 now...

That's just disgusting...

then just think,once you fill it up (at 4 bucks a gal just for the first time alone lol) it'll set you back around $700.:rotflmao

at some point,even those locking fuel caps wont keep thief's away.with a reward of a upwards of a couple bills worth of fuel,they may just puncture a hole in the tank and go.

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Anyone use either of their front tanks on anything earlier than 1990? They list then as 90-97 but not sure why as I believe the frames are damn near identical.

http://www.aerotanks.com/inventory/fcb40f.html
http://www.aerotanks.com/inventory/f40ext.html

I emailed them asking what the difference is and if they will fit or work. Thinking it may be just the senders that are different in which case I cna rewire it or figure something out if need be. My front is leaking so the time has come for a new one and definitely want more capacity if I can get it.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
The fuel gauge sweeps are the same from 87-97. It's the 86-down that's different. No idea why they would include the late half of the brick nose body style's years and not the early half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle