o1 f250 7.3 crank no start

CircleSpranch

Reaction score
okay so a friend of mine ran her truck out of fuel. I put new battery's in it cause the old ones were bad, and fuel. So know it wants to start but it wont start. Before this happened i was told that in the morning when they would start it for the first time it would start run then die then they would start it again and it would be fine.

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alex,

I'm not sure about the powerstroke problem, but did you look into injectors for your 87? Also, turn on your personal messages.

Archie

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Powerstrokes take forever to bleed their fuel systems out. Friend of mine did it on accident with his 99, and it drained both batteries almost dead before it finally decided to fire back up.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
An 01 should have an electric pump.... cycle the key a few times and it should be blead.....

CircleSpranch

Reaction score
okay so got new battery's in the truck, put more fuel in the truck but still wont start fuel filter looks clean added oil. but not hearing the pump cycle also while i crank it over the ABS light stays on. whats the best why to check fuel pressure out of the lift pump.

CircleSpranch

Reaction score
Archie,

whats the personal messages also would it be possible to barrow the schools code reader for this damn ford its thrown codes i think