Now stocking Wicked Wheel for the IDI

Farmall Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So lets just say if i were to send yall my turbo, could u install one and balance it for me? and will a core be added for the stock compressor wheel?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Wicked Wheel site says you can just install it and run. They say it is balanced. Now, the question becomes is the turbine/shaft in your turbo balanced very well without its original compressor wheel? I have read that Garrett turbos are balanced as an assembly instead of individual parts like the Holset turbos. That being said, I highly doubt all of the guys with PowerStrokes running Wicked Wheels have had them balanced. I'd wager they install them and hit the road.
Travis..

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all oem garrett parts are individually zeroed according to my supplier. Still, balancing is a very good idea.

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Typically material is removed from the exducer side, so in theory two equally balanced inducer wheels could be interchanged without issue. It's quite common in the 6.4 and SRT4 communities as well.

76ford466

Another member
Reaction score
I installed a wicked wheel II in my dads 01 7.3 last year had. The turbo out for up pipes and gaskets so put one in, did it make a difference I have no dyno or trailer tow results but it couldn't have hurt turbo is louder though. We did a tuner and exhaust at the same time. But for the week he ran it on stock tune right after the install it ran noticeably better up hills. Ben in there for 14,000 miles or more didnt have the turbo balanced still doing great. Just my 2 cents on the quality of these wheels as a general company.

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had anybody ran it yet? I would like too see where it spools up on the RPM range, and what other benefits might it hold.:D

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started to buy one at 180 but I really want to get the ats hot side on my turbo, add the wicked wheel, and rebuild all at once. Cant seem to find the ats upgrade or 093 turbo though.

kcwright1979

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
typ4 sells the new CHRA's for the turbos, brand new fully balanced ready to roll. I was gonna buy one from him but a local supplier sold me his last one for 400.00. I ran into that same problem no one sells the individual parts just new center sections I look back on it now I made the smart choice all new internals. R&D IDI Performance are fabbing up 3" DP with the v band for the factory 093's.

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I want the ats 093 hot side for my turbo. I have the factory ford with the smaller 90.

Smokeyseventhree

Reaction score
Will this make the turbo whistle louder? Or have any noise at all? And will it fit the factory garret turbo on a 94 motor?

IH444t

Reaction score
Preformance wise what would this do to a all stock truck, or even a truck with straight pipe and hypermax.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We mounted up the sample we were sent, and we had a problem with it. So I am waiting for a replacement wheel to test. I'm hoping that this was just a burp in their early production.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^^ this has to be a real nightmare for both( mel) and the manufacturer.
I am following this thread.