no start.NEED HELP ASAP

parttime379ex

Reaction score
this morning went out and fired the truck up and it started right up like it always does while i let the dogs out,after about a couple of minutes it but then all of a sudden it start acting like it was running out of fuel and went to skipping and i went to get in th truck to shut it off and i hit the pedal to try and see if i could clear it up and it went to about 1600 rpms and that was it and it then died.now it will not start.any thoughts?i am going to go get a fuel filter and try that and hopefully that will solve my problem.

parttime379ex

Reaction score
i checked for codes with the edge and it gave me the CPS code.i cleared it and now it will not come back on or crank, guess i will have o go get a cam postion sensor and try it.does the truck have to be running to set that code?or could it be something else?it is definitely getting fuel cause i can see it smoking out the exhaust.

parttime379ex

Reaction score
also i just checked and the #9 fuse under the hood and it was good.although the #3 fuse was blown and thats for the horn an flash to pass.

Last edited:

parttime379ex

Reaction score
replaced the cps and still nothing..NEED HELP asap it did set the same code again for the cps.maybe i got a bad cps?it is putting out alot of white smoke while trying to turn it over.

Last edited:

yoslick

Reaction score
is the tach bouncing while your cranking? how long have you cranked it, if less than 11.3 volts left in your battery it will not fire, also hows your glow plugs? get a charger on it, watch the tach and if it's bouncing you may wanna try and jump the GP relay for 45 sec's or so and see if she''ll run after you change the fuel filter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance