No Powercore? What Gives??

lazermule

Reaction score
So GM and Ford have stepped up to the plate and both have Donaldsons Powercore systems on their diesel pickups. Why hasn't Dodge done this yet? I thought that on the 6.7L that Dodge may finally step up, but as far as I've heard they have not. Anyone know if there is an aftermarket setup out there for the Cummins that uses Powercore? This Powercore deal is said to be the ticket to great power and great filtering, where usually there is a tradeoff.

My buddy has the stock Powercore in his PS and he is making 500 RWP :hail . I guess this proves that they breath real well and I guess they are pritt near 100% efficient (are these things really that good?). Seems to me that they would be a lot better then any of the washables out there. I have seen a few turbos that have had a washable filter upstream and it ain't pretty.

I have a 1st gen and a 2nd gen CTD and I have had air cleaner issues with both. On the 1st gen, the filter doesn't last very long and on the 2nd gen the air box housing keeps popping open. I have heard of guys getting Powercore systems for heavy equipment and adapting them into CTD powered trucks, anyone got any part numbers? as I suppose a guy could order them directly from Donaldsons....:thumbsup:

Lazermule

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why not just go with an AFE, proven to well over 500hp and also proven in front of twins.

lazermule

Reaction score
No Way....

Ever seen the efficiency numbers on washable filters??? Quite alarming when it was presented to me as they let a lot of dirt pass. No freaking waaayy will I ever use another one, $10,000 mistake when I make a trip to my dealer with a dusted engine.

LM

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well, i have seen more than 1 cummins hit a million miles while running k&n's.....
we also use k&n's in dirt track race car engines that cost 10grand to build
Baja desert trucks use k&n's
drag cars run k&n's
i run k&n's on my quad and my sons dirtbike and have never had a single problem with dirt in the intake tracts.

everyone i know runs either k&n's or AFE's on their trucks...quads, cars...
beyond that...there is no filter thats 100% efficient. its not mechanicaly possible. i doubt your buddies truck running a powercore has anything to do with 500hp, you could do that with a paper filter...