Nice lil truck on fleebay

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
That is an IDI, oreocreaming over on FTE... But the PSD was introduced in 94 with ZF5 only, it didn't get the auto until 95.

gdhillon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahh ic. Well since were talking about it, what does he mean by reveresed the shackles?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
look me straight in the eye and tell me you wouldn't want this truck/your truck to be this high up
You asked for it...I would be happy to do exactly that. I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm not a fan of lifted trucks, and never have been. Absolutely they're not practical, but even if there was a practical use for one, it's simply not my cup of tea. I wouldn't want to deal with climbing in and out of one...if it were a dedicated rock crawler, that's one thing, but for a street/DD rig, I imagine the road manners aren't all that great. But, to each his own :angel:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
a little too high, i'd rather just a 4" lift with 35's on a street driven/tow rig. my toy can have the 39.5's the tow rig's getting 33's.

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know its impractical, but look me straight in the eye and tell me you wouldn't want this truck/your truck to be this high up:love:. He says engines from a 94 so im assuming its a idi b/c they changed to psd in 95, didn't they?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1990...9544452?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item2a1caa3a04

I wouldn't want this truck. Its too tall and the rims scream "I drive this truck because I have a tiny *****."
He is advertising the motor as a 7.3 turbo that is currently missing the turbo. That sounds like a NA to me.:dunno

stumpjumper3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why is it when people spend all that money to lift a truck to impracticality, they wont spend the extra to put a proper steering setup on? It amazes me how much people will spend on a truck in worthless appearance parts and big tires, lift kits, headlights, and then just put a crappy hacked up z link on for steering. You've spent that much, just go to crossover.

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
I wouldn't want mine that high, I'm only going as high as I have to to fit my Dana 60. But a toy, sure.
I wouldn't want this truck. Its too tall and the rims scream "I drive this truck because I have a tiny *****."
He is advertising the motor as a 7.3 turbo that is currently missing the turbo. That sounds like a NA to me.:dunno

:rotflmao:rotflmao Nice.

IHGreatness

Reaction score
That is not my cup of tea either. I like trucks that have some lift to them but nothing like that. I 2-3" lift looks nice on some vehicles but other then that its a truck you lift it to high you look like an idiot IMO. each is there own

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to go with the general concensus here, im not a fan of lift, at all... To be fair i would much rather LOWER a truck to keep the center of gravity down. That being said i had to lift my bronco to fit the 7.3/ZF5 but only did a 3 inch body and plan to hack up a way to lower the suspention a bit to make it look better :)

Some of the newer trucks *namely the cummins* look good with a proper 4inch suspention lift...

Guy took all that time to make it look nice, and killed the entire truck using *blocks* on the rear for the extra 2 inches... why would anyone use lift blocks... seen way to many carnage pictures of them failing. Do it right, not half arsed and cheap.

All that said, turbo 7.3 without a turbo... hack job rear lift (and as mentioned didnt change the steering...) not a 6 grand truck.... maybe 3-4, but i wouldnt pay that personally. Now, remove the lift, level it out, install the turbo he is advertising, and put some nice 31-33inch tires and maybe we could talk deal.

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
Up for sale is my VERY custom 1990 Ford F350. Loaded, Lariat edition, A/c, 4x4, oem power windows, oem power locks, 7.3T engine, 6.0 intercooler, 3" exhaust, suicide doors, fiberglass cowl hood.

Wonderful

Interior
Doors have been swapped to the 1 year only 1997 f250 doors non powerone year only?. Have the kit to bring them back to power. The seats have been reupholstered in black with gray centers and vinyl font and backs. (vinyl front done so any mud you bring in wont hurt the seats) The cab roof, floor and back wall have all been covered with dynamat to block any heat from coming in from the sun and the engine/exhaust heat. Also does killer on the sound. New carpet padding, carpet and headliner. Interior dash and panels been color coated. Switch panel for the air bags, compressors and back-up lamp.

Exterior
As stated, 1 year only 1997 f250 doors have been installed (brow at the bottom of each door) as well as the 1 year only 1997 f250 tailgate (99-04 badges with the non stamped tailgate were used in 1997) one year only? Not exactly scooter1992 f250 front clip was installed along with euro front headlights and marker lamps. Smoothie bumper, Billet grille, fiberglass cowl induction hood, suicide doors (drivers side tacked in, needs door side finish weld and passenger side to be done) Keyless door pop with 12 function FOB. Front and rear bushwacker cut-out flares. Rear 3800 lb airbags with 1/2" ports, up and down valves, (2) 200 psi 100% duty 4cfm compressors feeding a 5 gallon tank with side and front air chucks for running air tools and for feeding the TWIN 152db train horns hidden behind the front bumper. And YES, those are 2007 F series heated, power and signal mirrors. Have the controller all ready to be hooked up.

Drivetrain
7.3T engine (no turbo currently installed) Then its not a 7.3T?5speed borg warner transmissionBorg Warner 5 speed? and borg warner transfer case. Dana 60 high pinion front axle with cross drilled and slotted discs, full float sterling 10.25 rear end with slotted disc brake conversion. waste of $$ Hydroboost braking conversion along with 2" hydraulic steering ram built and installed by the world famous LEES Manufacturing in Sun Valley, CA. DOM tubing with 3/4" heim joints for the draglink and tie rod along with a drop pitman arm. This steering is so great you can steer it at a dead stop with one finger and no strain or binding. Love the z link and track bar! 46" goodyear tires, 20" aluminum wheels help keep this truck moving with the help of 5.38 yukon gears front and rear. Warn locking hubs, wheel spacers front and rear to add a little bit of steering radius and to match the rear track to the wider front axle.DOM tubing also running on the heavy duty ladder bars.

Lift
Front are a shackle reversal kit and 4" superlift springs, rear is a shackle flip kit by sky-manufacturing and a 2" block also a 3" body liftt to give the turbo more clearance.

Few other bits.
Rear hitch is custom built with 3x6x1/2" cross bar and 1/2" brackets. Has upper and lower receivers for running multiple hitches without having to swap. as pictured, my 2 car trailer has a 2" drop hitch to keep level and my 1 car has a 10" drop and keeps it perfectly level. 100 Gallon in-bed tank helps to keep the two oem tanks fed (137 gallon total capacity) and the bed is sprayed with lineX bed liner. Tie downs in the bed floor. Have the 2002 f250 garrett turbo charger I started mocking up for installing that can go with the truck if you like. I get 11mpg pulling my fully loaded 2 car trailerNot bad, with 4 pounds of factory intercooled boost I got 16mpg Yup! , If you install this 15psi intercooled setup, 20mpg loaded down hill maybe, LMAO! should be no issue at all. IP has been rebuilt, not sure about the injectors (motor from a 94) and was going to build a 6.9 to swap in with all that boost and some other mods. Windshield is broken and will need to be replaced, the nipple was broken off on the air tank so needs to be replaced before you can fill the air tanks and hook the bags and train horns back up. Have 4" downpipe to go along with the turbo to match the 4" muffler the truck already has installed. Have the second ladder bar in the garage, just needs 4 high-misalignment joints and be thrown back up there. Also have 2 extra doors for the clear door glass and metal to cover for the doors when the handles get shaved. Also new RED poly body mounts. Line locks installed front and rear, great for a steep angle parking jobno parking brake?, tug of war or lock those fronts up for a gnarly burnout GNARLY DOOD! . Also installed is a FULL SYNTHETIC AMSOIL dual filter bypass system. Main filter 12,500 change interval and complete oil and bypass filter change at 25,000 miles. Also royal purple front and rear diff oil.

Last edited: