New truck in the fleet.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I couldn't help myself, saw this nice F-Superduty and had to have it. The owner says it has engine issues. I'm guessing batteries, return lines and glow plugs. I should have some time to tinker with it this weekend.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just picked up an 89 F-Superduty and paid 600... Gotta love all the great parts on these trucks!

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a rocker panel that's sitting in the scrap pile. but I did cut the back of the cab off for another project.
if you want it, pay shipping!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I have a rocker panel that's sitting in the scrap pile. but I did cut the back of the cab off for another project.
if you want it, pay shipping!
I will be in touch shortly. Hauling her home as we speak.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had to replace that part on my truck. The actual rocker is probably okay underneath. It's the outter skin of the door post that is most likely rotted. I cut it out and cleaned up the underneath good. Painted it and then welded the outer back on over top from a patch piece from somewhere. Once I've got color everywhere, I'm going to go in all the cracks and spray the eastwood inside frame protector anywhere I can get the nozzle in. Its a 24" tube I think.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be in touch shortly. Hauling her home as we speak.

do you want me to pull it out? scrap man is coming today!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Thanks Mel. She's sitting in the yard now. The guy I bought it from was the 2ND owner. He bought it with 5K miles and used it around town for his landscaping company for some 25 years. It has 91,000 actual miles on it, original pump, injectors and so on. I got a pair of Federal batteries waiting to go in. I hope to get some troubleshooting in and see how it runs maybe this weekend. I have a sneaking suspicion that I will need GP's and a return line kit.

The big question will be whether or not it will perform well enough to put the big Loadstar out to pasture.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I got some new Federal batteries the other day and put them in. Cranked it over and it didn't sound too good to me, like it had dead cylinders. So, I got some crack in a can today and decided to see if this thing would come to life. It got to the point that it would fire then die right away. I thought sticky metering valve so I got in the cab and spun her over with my foot on the pedal. Sure as can be she came to life. After some feathering of the pedal I got it to idle.

I think I'm going to do a compression test for good measure, new alternator, voltage regulator, (battery light is on,) gear reduction starter, return lines, fuel filter, oil change, double does of fuel treatment, new coolant and any other obvious stuff. I'm thinking I can upgrade the turbo on my crew cab and put the 093 on the dump truck. I'm glad the thing runs for starters.