New to PSD (swapping a 460 - PSD) HELP!!

1800joedaddy

Reaction score
OK, what a difference a day makes. 1st - this morning I go out and she starts right up. I shut it down and head town. I bought oil, filter, fuel filter, Lucas Diesel sauce, and 10 gal of fresh tasty Diesel. Drained the crude. got a little over 3&1/2 gal out which seemed good. Filled the filter and installed. finger tightened the yoke retention nut that I noticed was dancing in the yoke for god knows how long (thank god for split drive shafts). Pulled the old fuel filter that looked like it had been spray painted black. 1/2 filled the bowl w/injector sauce. Put 4 gal of fresh oil in and cranked for several seconds until she fired. It idled rough for a split sec then just sounded like it was running wierd, not bad just wierd. Ran for about 3min at 1500rpm until it abruptly died like it had been shot. My heart stopped and I started wondering what a seized 7.3 stroke goes for. I restarted and it hit instantly and ran like a FREAKING SEWING MACHINE!!! I spent the rest of the day taking longer and longer trips to finish running the bad fuel and air through and my $500 diesel now runs like a champ. Thanks for your help and guidence fella's. Now I just have to decide if I really want to do the swap, I'm kinda partial to the old goat now.

mojoman

Reaction score
congrats on gettin' the old goat up and runnin'...as for keepin' it or not....lemme consult my crystal ball....hmmmmm....interesting....it says...

keep the freakin' goat!!!!!

mojo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brb5

Members online