New to me 83

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I did a quick intro on the allotted thread, but wanted to say hi in the struck specific thread. I picked up a new to me 83 F250 XLT 6.9 with 48k on the odo with a claim its rolled three times, making this beauty now 356k down the road. It has a 093 ATS with a seeping oil seal and 3" to 4" turbo back to a side dump, a FZ5, TTB front end, and a flat bed (add some PVC, tarp, 550, and a queen size air mattress makes one hell of a camper!).

So far I have replaced the (all inop) glow plugs with motorcraft, new tires, fuel return line assemblies, and have a Moose Jr on the way. Before pulling the IP I was getting 14-15.5 mpg, far better than the 10 I get in my blazer :rotflmao. Next on the list is injectors, fixing the T-Case, turbo, and adding a coolant filter.

Thank you all for the help I have gotten from reading the posts, specifically the stickies. I'll get some pictures up after the weekend.

Ken

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Quick one from phone, the day I got her.

Last edited:

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
WElcome to the forum. Nice to see a new idi owner here. No matter what questions you may have ... Please ask them. Nothing can be said about asking a dumb or silly question. We do not judge. We all were new to the idi engine at one time. I still learn something here all the time too. Even after posting more than 23,000 times... You sound like you have a plan and are keeping at it. The stickies are very helpful. So is the Parts Bin. That forum has most of the commonly used idi parts listed by part number and maker.

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the picture working, and will get a few more up after I get the IP in on Tuesday and running again. Its got pyro, water temp, and boost on the A pillar, and a electronic oil pressure (getting switched for a mechanical) under the dash. Its sprung on F350 springs and have plans to put a D60 under the front and replace the open with a locker in the rear. That's about all I can think to say about her for now.... and yes the horns work, and they are loud!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online