New switch panel

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
That's a pretty cool panel. I had some old diamond plate mudflaps laying around so I cut them up to make some switch panels as well. I made this one for the truck, controls my rotator and the floods on my headache rack. Mounted it under the dash by the ashtray.
You must be registered for see images attach

I made one for my mustang as well, they run the fan and the fuel pump but everyone asks if I have nitrous. :D

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bust the steering wheel lock and steal your truck in less than 5 minutes.
Yeah and then you realize you can't use the clutch or the brakes. About the same time you promptly run out of fuel. At which point you better bail out and run like the wind, and better hope we don't catch you - or the only judge you'll be meeting as a result will be the deity of your choosing :D But yeah, switches are just for personal convenience, nothing more. And mostly cause the ignition switch actuating mechanism on pre-OBS tilt column is of such great design LOL

Your fooling yourself if you think yours is safer. And you still have to give power to the FSS. 5 minutes - the guy must have a handicap.
This method only works till you find out the cowl hood is actually needed to clear an a/c compressor on top of the IP. And easy access to the IP is practically non-existant. And the wiring harness is about three times the factory size and none of it makes sense. Is trying to figure out all that mess worth risking your life? LOL

Btw I am familiar with the toggles with built-in LEDs, they just don't look made all that well usually... I actually got some OEM toggles off a Lousiville-series Ford, but them things are freakin huge. Gonna be pretty hard to break one tho. Maybe I'll raid the big truck junkyard and see what other OEM stuff I can come up with.

Hey Sycostang, what are those triple gauges under the dash of the Mustang?

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
Those are oil psi/vacumn/water temp.

Here's a hefty switch you could use that lights up. The button fits in the palm of my hand.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I've used the big e-stop type a few times, shut down half the shop but no one got hurt :D

So it was vacuum, I was wondering cause it sure didn't look like a voltmeter. Who made them gauges, what brand are they?

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
They are old Equus gauges, probably had them 13-14 years. I used to have a voltmeter but one night the needle fell off and the gauge face melted so I decided I didn't need one anymore. I bought that vac. gauge off the shelf for $20 also called a fuel saver gauge in the JCWhitney catalog. I went back to the shop I got it from a bout two years ago and now they want $60 and I have to special order it. :eek:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Yeah and then you realize you can't use the clutch or the brakes. About the same time you promptly run out of fuel.
I get the fuel part, because it's probably on some other unlabeled switch
But why couldn't you use the clutch or brakes?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't use something that's locked to the floor in a torch-worthy manner. Also, if you have to label your switches, you should just stick to the factory setup. IMHO whoever needs to drive the truck already knows it well enough to need no labels, and whoever needs said labels doesn't need to drive said truck :D

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Hidden in plain sight with the switches. and I agree.
I'd like to see more on the clutch and brake. I guess I'm not understanding. Lol
I feel certain switches should maybe have a reminder light, but can't go over board and be blinded at night time.
Like say necessities (fuel pump, ip, etc) don't need lighted. But reverse lights and other things you may notice could use a nice little reminder. Sometimes you just have those days where you're out of it. I drove about 6 miles with my left turn signal on once. (Before I swapped the column, so the cancelation didn't work.)

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Google "pedaljack", "autolock", etc. - you'll get the basic idea. Most one-size-fits-all devices are, naturally, fairly useless. but if you can fab something that fits your particular vehicle perfectly you're that much ahead of the herd - standard aftermarket devices have known weaknesses, no one's gonna wanna spend half an hour trying to figure out *** that homemade contraption is on your pedals and then proceed to attempting to defeat it. There is also the train of thought that if you went thru the trouble of making said contraption God only knows what else you've done around the truck - tricks like clutching in to shift killing the engine instead, reverse gear blowing the horn (quite impressive with a latching relay that open a solenoid that purges your air tanks thru a train horn), some even go to extremes by installing tear-gas cartridges in their vehicles or enlisting the services of s trunk monkey :D In short, if the custom contraption appears to be well thought out the whole vehicle is automatically considered *****-trapped and highly dangerous, at least by someone who's not on **** or something.

Of course if someone really wants your vehicle they'll just show up with a rollback, especially while said vehicle is parked in an easy access area like a mall parking lot or something of the likes. That's where sat tracker comes in handy, along with a few key phone numbers - then you simply show up at their place of business with more and better equipment than they got and politely ask them to return what is rightfully yours LOL

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the friendly, polite approach, a sign that says "We're sorry, but due to the rising price of ammunition, we are no longer able to provide a warning shot."

Or if the direct approach is more your style - "If you can read this, you're in range."

mjs2011

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the switch plate I made for want wvo system.

Of course I didn't have aluminum at the time. This plate is made of stainless steel....
You must be registered for see images

Last edited: