New Pics of the Tractor

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent! ;Sweet I'm looking forward to seeing it. Funny those fenders should show up, as I was just in Home Depot yesterday and saw them on the shelf and wondered why they were selling fenders in there. That's when I realized wait a minute... those aren't fenders. LOL You need to paint them. ;Really

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
i don't get it, other than MY PAINT *** does tires sticking out hurt????:mad: they bust my stones with the scout, the bumpers a a scratch over legal, but OMG! you have lugs sticking out!!!!! :backoff ugh stupid pa laws, like the emissions where as long as your gas cap holds a vacuum your ready to roll.....cookoo
-Jon

The tires cause they fling rocks and other debris.The tires have to be covered.Why do you think Mudflaps are such a big deal on dualies and semis.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Yea but a semi's tires are exposed, the tires on my truck are not half as bad as the jeeps I see on 1 tons where the ENTIRE tire is out in the open. Its just the outside lug of the tires, stock flare would cover it, but I know my first trip on the trail with $350 worth of flares would wipe em right off!:puke: that and I'm not a fan on the flares on a scout.

-Jon

JesterPgh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I don't get, especially in PA, is that there are factory trucks with factory wheels (Chevy, maybe some Dodges? Can't recall exactly, but I've seen them, I swear it.) that the front tire sticks out of the fender well by design. How can they enforce a rule that has been broken by factory design? I know they do it, it's happened to me, just a fix it ticket, but nonetheless.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
if it comes from the factory, pa can not say a thing. if u were to go by pa law, ford foglights on the 99-03 superduties would be illegal(to close together). same with the turn signals on any older jeep are to close together by pa law, but since it came that way, nobody can do a thing.

everyone says i need to paint them fenders, but they are galvanized. paint isnt gona stick. might just sparypaint em for this weekend.

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
thanks for all the comments.

after having them on for a few days now, i have a rr wheel seal leaking. got to fix that before this weekend. and weld up new fuel tank mounts. then loaded onto the trailer ready to go.

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
i just got done going over the scout for the 2-1/2 hour drive to carlisle. look for the big orange beast when you're there, i'm sure you'll hear it on the dyno..... :sly

-Jon

Dieselcrawler

Staff member
Reaction score
i havent had a chance to get my rear drivehsaft made, so i am running on the one i made. not ballanced, and a little wobble it in. dont wana risk it coming apart on 78 for the 2.5-3 hr drive.

plus i would be deaf by the time i got there, between the stack and roar of the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online