New Member from Alabama

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been lurking for a while, figured I would finally join up.

Bought my first diesel in May of 11, was looking for a new ford truck to replace the explorer that got wrecked, and had 2 absolutes, one was 4x4 and the other at least an extd cab. My wife found this one on on CL and it was too good a deal to pass up. 92 F250 XL supercab 4x4, when I got it it had a very tired 83 6.9 in it with a sorry excuse for a 7.3 DMF in front of a zf5. Couple pics to show the 2 year evolution of it.

Pic the PO texted me when I inquired about it:
You must be registered for see images attach

Visor removed, XLT grille and headlight buckets, bed added and a coat of TSC tractor paint to make it match:

little later pic after the new had worn off the paint:

Factory Alcoas off a parts truck, with CL mud dawgs on em.

Unity Spotlight installed:

In may 12 the tired 6.9 was swapped out for a 93 7.3 out of an F-350 C/C that used to be an ambulance. Much better performance. Dunno what I'm going to do with the 6.9 yet, it may get built and put back in.

Nice set of weld alloys with 33x12.5x16.5 BFG TA/KOs I got in a horse trade

Picked this up for $400 off craigslist:

couple pics after the SAS

Hydroboost:

New headlights and winch bumper, home built:

Puttin her to work:

XRC12 (still need to find a place to mount the anderson connector)

and how she sits currently

Still got a lot of plans, just going slowly as time and funding allow.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use that same connector for jumper cables i just mounted it on the drivers side of the grill in the top hole. works great, but my winch is direct wired so it depends on the length of wire you have

diezelcrazee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, I'm impressed with all the work you have done on that truck. Love the winch bumper. Great job and welcome to OBN.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn....a Wfie that finds you a wickedkewl truck...another superwifey...kewl

And pics on yer first post way to go.

Thanks for sharing that's a fine truck ya got and all that work wow, good stuff!

Welcome to OB too btw..

Al

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use that same connector for jumper cables i just mounted it on the drivers side of the grill in the top hole. works great, but my winch is direct wired so it depends on the length of wire you have

I have a 20 foot set of #2 jumper cables that clip in there too. Truck may end up with a brushguard and if it does, that's where it will get mounted.

About time you joined.... slacker...;Poke

yeah yeah yeah. You've only been after me for what, 6 months to join?

Wow, I'm impressed with all the work you have done on that truck. Love the winch bumper. Great job and welcome to OBN.

Damn....a Wfie that finds you a wickedkewl truck...another superwifey...kewl

And pics on yer first post way to go.

Thanks for sharing that's a fine truck ya got and all that work wow, good stuff!

Welcome to OB too btw..

Al

Great looking truck, I really like the bumper. Welcome!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm out in CO for work for the next week, but when I get back I plan on getting on my rear bumper and headache rack, maybe a couple other things.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the fold of idi owners. We do our best to keep these rigs on the roads and out of the dealerships. Remember there s sales slogan that tells us.. 90% of all dodge trucks are still on the roads. The other 10% got home safely...... Nuff said for these wicked built tuff frods being shaken by an international engine. Talk about bullit proof.. Wow... Notice I was not knocking the Cummins engines. That engine was the best thing to happen to dodge trucks in a long time too.

ksingltn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the fold of idi owners. We do our best to keep these rigs on the roads and out of the dealerships. Remember there s sales slogan that tells us.. 90% of all dodge trucks are still on the roads. The other 10% got home safely...... Nuff said for these wicked built tuff frods being shaken by an international engine. Talk about bullit proof.. Wow... Notice I was not knocking the Cummins engines. That engine was the best thing to happen to dodge trucks in a long time too.

yeah, I've always been a ford guy, have had a couple 4x4 1st gen explorers, a couple mustangs and an F150. I spent far too much time hauling stuff with the exploders that was really too big for them to handle, so when a lady ran a red light and I t-boned her, her insurance bought me an IDI. Costs me 27 bucks a year on tags and insurance is 11 bucks a Mo, so its cheap to keep around too.