New Member Cummins to Chevy swap

zap275

Reaction score
Hello to all, recently bought a 93 cummins 12 valve with auto tranny for my K5 Blazer that I've owned for 17 yrs. Found online here a company that fabricates new crossmembers with engine mounts to fit my application. autoworldmt.com seems to have what i'm looking for and with some expertise and experience behind it. I am anxious to get this project under way. Any helpful advice is gladly accepted here. Thanks again. Pete

Bowtie Smoker

Reaction score
Take a look at my first post. I just bought a 90 Chevy with a 93 Cummins. My buddy built it a couple years ago. He used the factory Dodge cross members, just hade to cut an inch off each side and drill new bolt holes. Set the engine as far back as possible and build the front end around the engine, it is a tight squeeze to get in the IC. Good luck.

zap275

Reaction score
Thank you, another question. With 200,000 miles on the 93 cummins 12 valve is it a good idea to bring it to a machine shop to freshen it up before I install the motor?

crashnzuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it's a good running, seemingly healthy engine, there is no need to do anything other than gaskets and seals. You might consider doing a head gasket since it's out, but that would be a judgement call given your knowledge of your engine.
Travis..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86