new injection pump truck won't start

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just for those who might want to know. Since I need my truck for work I put the old pump back on and she started right up on about the 4 or 5th try.

Keeping the time right

As for keeping the timing as many of you are so worried about and finding the timing marks. I didn't worry about where the marks were. I just made my own. I took the cover off the housing sprayed brake cleaner on a rag and cleaned the exposed part of the gear and the housing. Then using an acrylic paint marker i made 2 marks, one on each side of a bolt. As I made the marks in an outward motion the tip of the marker will come into contact with the housing. That's where you just continue on with making your mark on the inner lip of the housing. When you put it back together just line the marks on the gear and the housing back up.

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but there cheap and as long as they stand behind the warranty its a good thing. Besides one of the best things is no core. So I will always have a working spare now!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... At least you know what was wrong now.. I'm sure sorry to have been correct thinking the pump was bad but this can happen from pensacola. Again, sorry for this mess but glad you got it running again. There is something to be said for no core charge. You always have a spare. You might try another seller on ebay from Phenoix Az called hecterwithinjecters.... They seem to have enexpensive pumps all the time. In 2009 I drove thru there on my way to the rally and bought 6 gallons of stanadyne proformance formula. I got a great ebay price to make it worth the stop. Just dragging 4 cases of it over 3000 miles was a bother...

Shadetreemechanic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know where you are in Georgia, but there is a diesel shop in Lawrenceville just off the
Atlanta highway that I have used in the past that can sell you a good pump.

finitetime

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No core was one of the big reasons I went with Pensacola. I have been stiffed before by people who after getting my core decide that it wasn't a "good core" and could not refund my core charge. Another is I work out of my truck so I don't have the time to take it off and carry it to someone to be rebuilt. As for it not working. I have paid top dollar for parts before that I just couldn't wait on and got them home to find out they didn't work either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online