New IDI Owner

Exekiel69

Reaction score
For the money I would wait on a CC 4x4. Like Mel said the repairs are minor things You can take care of in a weekend and You'll learn something new about your new truck but I wouldn't pay $4500 for that one.

You mentioned You'd wait on a powerstroke, if Your budged is low for repairs a used PS would have things You'll have to fix too and they may not be as low as repairing an IDI.

InhumaneIDI

Reaction score
Get the serial numbers off the block so we can tell you what year the motor is. Any motor be it 6.9 or 7.3 will fit and you wont be able to tell what differance there is between them. Seeing as you are kinda new at this... We all were new at one time and this site has helped everyone of us more times than we can count....

Ha i wish i could guys, the trucks in Georgia however and i'm in ky thats why I had a ford diesel mechanic go look at it. The vin number 8th letter thing does match up as a 7.3l IDI diesel though if that helps. Theres a couple power strokes in the area with 180k on them i'm going to look at before i make the final decision but i'll for sure be getting a diesel truck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online