New Here, Basic Questions.

John Haggerty

Birth Certificate
Reaction score
Brother burners,

I've come out of the basement for a couple of questions.

I read that burning bio for the first time will remove alot of "stuff" that's in the fuel supply stytem. What's that all about? Sounds like a good way to clean the system.

Also, thinking of burning my WMO. What do I have to do before I put it in the tank? I'd only put it in small amounts.

Thanks,
John

theshyguy

Reaction score
The "stuff" is just crude thats in the fuel you buy and if you get good( key word good) bd it will clean all that out because it burns cleaner and without soot.

And I wouldnt advice burning motor oil if that is in fact what your WMO means. Its just not a 'good" thing to do to your engine.

nummit

Reaction score
theshyguy said:
The "stuff" is just crude thats in the fuel you buy and if you get good( key word good) bd it will clean all that out because it burns cleaner and without soot.

And I wouldnt advice burning motor oil if that is in fact what your WMO means. Its just not a 'good" thing to do to your engine.

Correct
Bio is a very good degreaser.It will clean out all the varnish and other crap in your fuel system.

shorthair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
john filter it I use a 2 micron filter/water seperator & blend 70% summer 50% winter because it is a bit harder to start on first thing in the morning when the temps are under 40* also smokes more & smells bad the acids in it will cause faster wear on pumps & nozzels but if my experence is avg. then you can save several times your repair costs in much lower fuel costs.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i have been running all the WMO i can with the fuel prices. i have put up to 5 gal in a tank with no side effect beside some more smoking. my truck seems to like it because i get better miliage. i make sure i filter it though first through a 10 micron filter then through a 1 micron, both availible at a tractor supply. i think a typical fuel filter is 5-10 micron and i havent had any problem with clogging.

if it can run the tight bearing tolerances in my engine and pass throught the filter its fine. should actaully help the pump since they took out some of the lubrication with the ULSD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online