New here and im wanting input

d tree's

Reaction score
Guys I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 5.9L with 95,000 on her im wanting to switch to WVO and understand I could/Will have a problem with VP44 ive already replaced it once "Waranty" and have only run Diesel through it . What are your experiances have you had to change it out several times while running oil through it also is there an aftermarket company selling a more reliable IP thanks :hail ,d

Whit

Reaction score
I run B-20 with no issues..................I know ya wanna run 100% bio though

yes there are upgraded IP's out there ..................look hard at those from II.............Industrial Injection

d tree's

Reaction score
Thanks Whitmore, hey where are the rest of you guys :dunno lets talk Dodge and VO :thumbsup: ,d

Whit

Reaction score
Actually IMHO the veggie oil will provide much better lubricity to the VP that that of refined fuel............my only concern would be having compatable o-rings and line in the fuel system

I know Viton G and EPDM are rated for this

Whit

Reaction score
check this info out

SAE 30R7 is the most common fuel hose

SAE 30R9 is replacing those at the stores and will handle biodiesel at B20-B50 no problem.

Non Compatible Materials (B100)
Elastomers:
Nitrile Rubber
Polypropylene
Polyvinyl
Tygon
Behavior: Elastomers not compliant may degrade, soften, swell or seep from connections. Typically this only becomes an issue in vehicles built before 1993 which have older rubber hoses.
Metals:
Brass
Bronze
Copper
Lead
Tin
Zinc
Behavior: These metals can accelerate oxidation of the fuel and create insoluble gels and sediments when exposed to Biodiesel and air.
Paints: Most oil-based non enamel paint will be degraded by Biodiesel. Spills should be cleaned immediately with soap and water.

Compatible Materials (B100):
Elastomers:
Teflon
Viton
EPDM
Fluorinated Plastic (i.e., Fluorinated Polyethylene, Fluorinated Polypropylene)
Nylon
Polyethylene (HDPE)
Silicone
Behavior: These materials can be used to transmit and store Biodiesel, this includes “red plastic” gasoline cans, polyethylene barrels and large plastic totes.
Metals:
Aluminum
Steel

Compatibility with B20:
No negative effects have been observed for elastomers and metals exposed to B20, which are compliant with petroleum diesel to begin with. Materials compatible with regular diesel should perform the same when used with B20.

rebel_horseman

Rt. Wing Extremist
Reaction score
Yep, the WVO may be a much better choice sicne the ULSD crap they mandate nowadays has hardly no lubricity. Both the VP in the 24v and the VE in my 1st Gen are fuel lubricated. I live in BFE so I don't have an easy supply of WVO at this point though I may be able to change that soon.

Like Whitmore said, if'n you upgrade the VP you need to address the other parts of the fuel supply and return. Check/change o-rings, make sure to get the lift pump issue fixed, etc.

d tree's

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the info, im surprised I cant find more people running VO on this generation truck or they just dont want to talk about there rigs ;Really ,d

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
the vp 44 isnt a bad pump, what leads to the failure of them is a bad lift pump.
need to replace the lift pump with a better unit , then the vp will last

d tree's

Reaction score
Who should I be looking at as far as manufacturers for a better lift pump ?