New guy here in Virginia

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
I've been reading a lot on here, and decided an introduction might be in order. I'm new to IDIs and was looking for a cheap truck to play with. I ran across one I couldn't pass up, it's a 94 F-250 4x4 supercab, factory turbo IDI 7.3, E4OD, 4.10s. I drove 280 miles (one way) to pick it up, drove it 280 miles back home. It had a bad rear yoke, it shook the every living crap out of me. The yoke was bad, as the PO used the wrong u-joint.

I got it home, installed a new yoke, u joints, and center bearing, dropped the oil/sludge (It reverted back to crude I think), trans fluid, and Air, Fuel, trans and oil filers (I used the larger PS oil filter). I got the idle adjusted to where it should be (650-700 RPM in drive) (it was idling (warm) @ 1100 RPM).

The interior was, well not there. The PO has stripped the carpet and had an asphalt mat, W.T.F. over?!?! I stripped the interior, stripped and washed the floor pans. I then Line-x the interior, fully hushmated and layed new carpet. I still need the 4x4 shifter trim surround. The PO had hacked the wiring harness in the dash, and under the bed; so off to the U-Picked I went. The dash, cab and rear wiring harnesses are now replaced and everything works as it should.

She runs well, I've even driven her to work a few times(Ft. Meade, MD 250 mile round trip commute).

My plans are to:
1. Repair the AC (needs a new compressor for sure, and replace the dryer, condenser, and tube to be safe)
2. Banks 3" DP
3. Gauges (Pyro, Boost, trans temp)
4. 4" lift (all springs no blocks)
5. Extended S/S brake lines
6. 33" tires on stock Alcoas
7. Seats...Maybe re-do the stocks or ????
8. Replaced the bed

Look forward to learning more, and documenting my progress on the board!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Please read the Hall of Shame forum for the places to avoid when buying parts. We have several members that sell pumps, injecters and turbos plus they rebuild and upgrade the factory turbos for more beans at the wheels..:sly We are a family bunch and look out for the well being of the members here. Hope you enjoy the ride here.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Indeed, welcome! Looks like you have done a lot. Congrats on your success so far!

This board is an awesome resource. My many questions have always been met warmly with excellent advice.

The good news is that my van's PO did apparently use the correct u-joints; the bad news is that he installed those backwards, so that the grease fittings point forward and aft, requiring unbolting at the yoke to access them! Since I'll press them out to correct this, I'm planning to put in Dana Spicer joints at that time.

Enough of MY adventures for now. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Wow, you really did a lot of work,and from the sound of it you must have did a lot of research first. That's excellent. It's so nice to have people come in and say "hey I read this first, and now my truck is a success" Versus "I broke my truck, what do I do now?" Not that we don't mind the later, it's just a breath of fresh air now and then.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board and thanks for joining.

Sounds like you've got lots done and more to go. There is lots of information available here for you and tips and tricks we learn that are not in manuals.

Give the market place a gander as sometimes seats show up in there along with other great parts.

Have fun on the board and ask lots of questions and answer the ones you can.

Again welcome to OB

Al

TeufelHundArms

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. I've had a few Fords, my wife drives our 02 F150 Harley Davidson Ed., My last 4x4 was a 87 Ford Bronco. I did ARB lockers front and rear w/ 4.88 gears, 6" of suspension lift, 2" body lift, I weld up a custom front bumper w/ a 12k Warn worm drive winch, and a set of 40s (I don't remember) LoL
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online