new dyno numbers after all the goodies

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
yes it was i who ran alongside Russ's truck for comparison reasons. as it turns out his "economy" setting was only slightly slower than my stock '99. all other settings were shall we say no comparison to stock and very impressive.;Sweet after previously seeing his truck stock vs. mine i wanted to see the difference using my truck as the constant. it was definitly an eye opener for me on what the PSD can do.

i came to the conclusion that his 80 hp setting is all i would ever want/need when i finally get a chip (ok maybe 100 hp:D ). plenty of power while still being able to keep EGTs in check using the right foot. i have no need for "extreme smoke" mode, which layed a cloud and caused turbo and egt guages to spike instantly. with his truck on 80 hp and me in the shotgun seat we were able to climb hills vigorously with a s#!t eating grin while maintaining less destructive boost and temp #s.

i'm definitly looking forward to the better throttle response and fuel economy that i hope a chip will provide. still need guages and exhaust first. i just started my own business this year so disposable income is limited but i do have goals to eventually hop up the SD a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin

Members online