new brass radiator....

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
new brass/copper radiator....

Ok....has anybody heard of autopal? A company in Czech Republic. Apparently they make brass radiators just like the factory ones in our truck. My new truck has one in it.

Last edited:

whitehorse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary I'm not good at telling that stuff but when I took the cap off there is 4 rows of slots inside and it's the same width and length as oem...

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As a matter of fact I did and I recall a decal said chec...its partly gone but the funky symbol is still there see..
You must be registered for see images attach

No idea how good or bad rad is...seems decent...came with 93 reg cab 4x aka crippled hippo...

The truck whos oil cooler blew and had the remanned engine....look in my blue ox build.

I plan to get it tanked to remove excess oil residue.

Attachments

• 20151004_175554.jpg
    20151004_175554.jpg
    471.9 KB · Views: 82

riphip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That company has been making those for years. We used to warehouse GODAN back in 1995 and they were coming in then. Boss had me get a skid of them (5) for my trucks since I used them at work so much. Wrote it off as 'shrinkage'

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Before I would purchase this radiator I sure would be calling Rodney Red and asking about the radiator I purchased for about the same money. BTW the factory radiator I recall had 4 rows with 15 fins per inch. Still have not seen any answer about this being a dimple core.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The Rodney Red aluminum radiator is the finest aluminum radiator money can buy. Several of us have installed this and never looked back at high coolant temps. Robert whos signon is RLDSL was the person who first used this. I was the second and then it busted out to many other. The good ****** doc has one and is really enjoying to too. Goggle them and have fun reading about what they are.

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone have some durability experience with the spectra units with plastic tanks? My ebay (radiator classic) all aluminum unit after 3 years is leaking where fins meet the end tanks, they may not warranty it because I trimmed a 1" square peice off the mounting tab to clear my intercooler, and used JB weld last year ot patch the leak which got worse this year! like frig.
Anyway, dont have 6 bills for a rad, how are them spectra units? 180 bucks form rock auto shipped...