New 1995 F-250 Powerstroke

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it runs off a lobe on the cam.dont know how reliable they are as mine was replaced with an electric system a month after i got it.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
The mechanical fuel pumps are pretty reliable. I have 3 trucks with a combined 450,000 miles and they are ALL on their ORIGINAL fuel pumps. So take that at face value. Not saying you are going to have a bummer every now and then

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Ford write up for the PSD from 94 to 98 in PDF format, but don't know how to get it to you. Anyone know how to do that? Don't recall how I got it.

DaveBen

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Ford write up for the PSD from 94 to 98 in PDF format, but don't know how to get it to you. Anyone know how to do that? Don't recall how I got it.

Email it as an attachment.

Dave

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's way to big for an email, but could try if he PM's me his email addy. It's 39,001 KB

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
my '95 psd has an electric pump on the drivers side frame rail with fuel lines in and out and a mechanical in the valley. I didn't add an electric and it looks to be stock. wouldn't this be a lift pump?

That's the selector valve, for the dual fuel tank setup. It is not a lift pump. The 94-97 PSD's all have a dual stage fuel pump in the valley. The low pressure side pulls fuel from the tank and pushes it through the filter. From the filter, it goes back through the high pressure part of the pump and to the fuel rails/injectors.

dsrace

sand toys
Reaction score
That's the selector valve, for the dual fuel tank setup. It is not a lift pump. The 94-97 PSD's all have a dual stage fuel pump in the valley. The low pressure side pulls fuel from the tank and pushes it through the filter. From the filter, it goes back through the high pressure part of the pump and to the fuel rails/injectors.

ok

EMD_DRIVER

Say what?!?!
Reaction score
This may be more information than you wanted to know, but here a couple of pictures to help..

The first stage of the fuel pump, is the diaphragm stage. This is what pulls fuel from the tank and pushes it through the filter.. It's the two connections, on the top of the pump.

You must be registered for see images attach

The second stage is the piston stage and takes fuel from the filter and pushes it to the fuel rails and injectors.

Hope this helps..

cm1hedge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my CPS was going out, it would cut out for a split second, then come back to life. Replaced the sensor, no more problems.

dsrace

sand toys
Reaction score
This may be more information than you wanted to know, but here a couple of pictures to help..

The first stage of the fuel pump, is the diaphragm stage. This is what pulls fuel from the tank and pushes it through the filter.. It's the two connections, on the top of the pump.

The second stage is the piston stage and takes fuel from the filter and pushes it to the fuel rails and injectors.

Hope this helps..

that's good info