need one more thing for turbo hotside

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey guys. well I got the new exhaust manifolds in but I need the cast piece that the two pipes merge into before the turbo. no auto parts store I know has it:dunno Ford said its discontinued. so does anyone have this laying around? I made the crossover piece just need the cast merge. anyone?

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uh oh this is called a casting collector. Is this for the factory turbo? Either way ATS should have it, or maybe try Central Motive Power in Albuquerque NM or JHdiesel. I'm not sure if anyone will sell you this by itself because without it a turbo kit is pretty much useless. I do wonder if there is a way to make an acceptable substitute.

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea its a factory turbo. ATS will have this part? I must tell you all its frustrating when you arnt even sure what you need and where to get it and your local parts store dosent even know where to find anything.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yea its a factory turbo. ATS will have this part? I must tell you all its frustrating when you arnt even sure what you need and where to get it and your local parts store dosent even know where to find anything.
that's why we're here:D
somebody here has the turbo kit from ATS posted in PDF.
do a quick search or if you can wait until this evening, I can post the file when I get home.

NJGearhead666

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I called ATS earlier and they sent me the file pic of there set up. I have a factory turbo diesel and i need the factory cast merge piece. from the look of the file they sent me it dosent look like the factory piece i need. I dunno what to do dosent anyone have one that they want to part with? i really dont want to have to try and make one

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have one, pm me if you want a price. Show pics of what you have, the one I have is the factory cast Y with a ball socket for the turbo mount.