Need help with some parts numbers

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
After sitting on the fence for a few weeks, I finally decided to fix my truck instead of buying something unknown.
I need some help with some parts that I think I will be needing. You may remember that my main issue is oil pressure--with some bubbles. AFAIK, there are only three components to check:

1) Oil pump pick up. Does anyone have the Ford Part Number? Is it still available?

2) Oil Pump, Has anyone noticed any difference in brands? Is Melling OK?

3) Oil Cooler Rear Header. Again, I need the Part number. Does Ford still carry it.

If I replace these three items, and check the bearings in the bottom end, what else could cause low pressure?

Michael Fowler
Bel Air, MD
1986 F 250 6.9

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I paid $264.40 for the rear header on 7-25-06 from Ford Parts Online ( Bob Utter Ford in Sherman Texas). You might wnat to do the oil cooler o-rings and front and rear crank seals. This is an easy time to do these jobs whiles the motor is out on a stand. The oil pumps are usually Melling and some have clearance issues. Ask Typ4 (Russ) about how to check this. Sometimes the oil pump pickup tube will crack and draw air but not very often. It may be really hard to find a crack too. Have a shop mag it. That will really show up a defect... If the screen is plugged up it could cause low oil pressure but the bubbles is something else. Maybe its a screen issue and then sucking so hard a gasket surface has let go. There really is onlt 2 gasket surfaces and the pump to block has no gasket. Just a well machined metal to metal surface. When you remove the oil pickup look closely at the gasket. Then when you remove the pump the surface should be clean and not have any oil on it. Take pictures too. They will help later on when you have questions.... This has saved me plenty....

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
One question I forgot...
I read here somewhere that the injector O rings are a "Trade Size 11, or something like that.
What is the trade size, and is that a universal number, regardless of material?

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
A second question...
Are the firewall modifications for the turbo the same for any turbo?
Can someone post then so I can make the mods while the engine bay is empty?

suv7734

Reaction score
One question I forgot...
I read here somewhere that the injector O rings are a "Trade Size 11, or something like that.
What is the trade size, and is that a universal number, regardless of material?

Trade # is 111
Get the ones made of Viton as they can take anything you throw at them (biodiesel, WVO et)

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Thanks, thats one number I needed.
I went to the McMaster-Carr website, now I have a few more questions....

Shore Hardness---A75 or A90
Which the following 4 types do I need?
Standard
Military Spec
Extra Chemical Resistant
FEP Encapsulated.

Its nice to have some choices, but somethimes they can be bewildering.

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the injector O-ring info is in the Parts Bin.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A second question...
Are the firewall modifications for the turbo the same for any turbo?
Can someone post then so I can make the mods while the engine bay is empty?

HERE IS BANKS Installation/Owners Manual. The Firewall mods are on page #8. I don't know it they are universal, but IIRC, they are the same for ATS. Don't have a clue about the Hypermax system.

Heath

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance