Need an IP, where is the best place to get one?

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently my IP is going out..... where is the best place to get one, or would anyone here happen to have a spare? :dunno Thanks!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pensacola Diesel has some affordable IP's but I seem to remember someone having an issue with one of their pumps. I think Gary (icanfixall) had a good experience with a turbo IP from there.

There is Midwest Fuel Injection, and it has a well established reputation. Stay away from Diesel Care in Memphis........apparently really shady and poor quality.

Others with have more info.........................Or, you could just go for the gusto and get a Moose Pump.:D

Heath

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd go for a Moose pump but the current engine is technically NA and the turbo is off.... so anyway I'd probably blow it up. Of course we ARE talking about my truck here, so the current engine is subject to change at any time......

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad to see you posting again Tanya. I sent you a PM last week... About your pump issues... What is making you think you need a pump? I did have a great experiance with Pensacola Diesel and for the $295.00 charge it can't be beat. No core or charge needed either. I also am running the famous Moose pump. Thats really a great improvement for the turbo motors. I will be doing some dyno runs later on. I am just up to 12,000 miles on my new motor so more run time is needed. I will be at the ralley this year too. Please fill us in on why you feel a pump is needed.

jdchristian3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have your pump rebuilt, or buy a rebuilt pump and not a custom pump like the moose, have your fuel turned up 20-25%... build a custom intake with the largest "conical" filter you can buy. the factory air filter is actually smaller than the air filter on a 300 cu.in. 6 cylinder gas engine.... and eliminate your muffler... these will really wake up the factory turbo idi's. just be sure to install a pyrometer to watch your EGTs...

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Barney :)

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions... Gary I just saw your PM yesterday and responded. For some reason its not sending me emails when I get PM's. :dunno

Symptoms are: hard to crank, acts like it isnt getting sufficient fuel, and dies when the clutch is pushed in, or does its best too. This is all sporadic too.... I was told IP was the problem. The IP on it is under 2 years old, I would have thought it would have lasted longer? but what do I know... thats why I have you guys :D
Any thoughts?

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you have your pump rebuilt, or buy a rebuilt pump and not a custom pump like the moose, have your fuel turned up 20-25%... build a custom intake with the largest "conical" filter you can buy. the factory air filter is actually smaller than the air filter on a 300 cu.in. 6 cylinder gas engine.... and eliminate your muffler... these will really wake up the factory turbo idi's. just be sure to install a pyrometer to watch your EGTs...

No muffler and I already have a pyro- I watch it religiously when I'm driving, especially hauling the trailer.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A 2 year old injection pump shouldn't have gone bad this quick but maybe it did. How old is the fuel filter and do you see the filter lite come on when you switch on the ignition? When it starts and warms up is it hard to restart when you shut it down for a few minutes like fueling it up. If thats happening it may be the pump is just worn out already. Do you have a mechanical lift pump or electric... I don't see an answer on my mail from you either.... I know this is lots to answer but the collective will be able to help. This I know...:D P.S.. I will be leaving for Hollywood in about an hour. Wife and I are going to see Wicked so I will try to keep up with whats going on as much as possible.

Last edited:

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
sure sounds like your IP is heading south if you need a little more time you can try advancing the pump just a little it helps with the stalling when you push in the clutch otherwise I'd say get a new pump if you can

GaPchNCrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 2 year old injection pump shouldn't have gone bad this quick but maybe it did. How old is the fuel filter and do you see the filter lite come on when you switch on the ignition? When it starts and warms up is it hard to restart when you shut it down for a few minutes like fueling it up. If thats happening it may be the pump is just worn out already. Do you have a mechanical lift pump or electric... I don't see an answer on my mail from you either.... I know this is lots to answer but the collective will be able to help. This I know...:D P.S.. I will be leaving for Hollywood in about an hour. Wife and I are going to see Wicked so I will try to keep up with whats going on as much as possible.

No fuel filter light coming on but its probably due to be changed. OK OK OK.... its probably WAY past due. Mechanical pump, and it was plugged in over night, started it, let it sit about 5 minutes while I threw hay to the ponies, drove it 3 miles down the road and it did NOT want to start again. I was out of it maybe 5-10 minutes tops?

Hey Aric and Danielle!

foxman

foxman
Reaction score
Close to you there are two very reputable diesel shops. A & M Turbo, Diesel & Electric im Macon, Ga - - - and R & S Diesel in Albany, Ga. I have delt with both and would highly recommend both. Both of these shops have owners who personally get their hands dirty and work with their customers. They will go out of the way to make sure the customer is satisfied.

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
may be a dumb question but have you checked for air in the fuel system? I had a lot of the same issues with mine and after searching for hours found that my filter head ports where letting air in (really odd seeing as how that is on the pressure side of the lift pump I know) I think my ip is going as well and I doubt my lift pump is in great shape. sealing everything did help TREMENDOUSLY though. Now at least I can drive the truck while I save for a pump.

punk