My ext cab on reg cab longbox frame swap

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I've been bugging Al to progress on his so I can get ideas for mine. Sadly he is locked up in winter so he can't do much. I have done a bunch of research and taken measurements on my own thanks to pick a part here and Al's current thread on it.

I am going to do this to my truck no matter what my future truck plans are so I figured I would start my own build thread.

I am starting with the endless project in my sig. Cabs are cheap at picky, so here we go.

This is my "starting" pic.

I'll update this as it progresses.

You must be registered for see images attach

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks, thanks a whole hell of a lot LOL. Instead of complaining about my lack of progress ;Poke why don't you come help achieve the goal? LOL

I've got farm machinery to do this with too BTW LOL

In all seriousness though Good for you.

I'd encourage you to start by removing your current body bolts, and then sticking them back in, nothing worse than gettin a new cab and finding out you can't get yours OFF!

Just undo them, grease em good and put them back in place! JM2CW All six of the cab bolts and same with Box bolts,

This will make your life easier in the long run, cause if you find a stubborn bolt now, you can deal with it and not be in a panic.

One thing you may want to consider...and for me it's not an issue not cause I'm above the law, but have papers.

You better ensure you get PAPERS for the cab you get from the wrecker so you can pass an inspection when done as you will have to have an inspection.

I've got registration for my SC and I can just transfer it to me. I've got people in the know that help me a great deal.

SO I will legally own my RC frame, and the SC cab and then go get an inspection of the two married!

Hope this helps you out.

PM or call me and I can tell ya more!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online