My buy of the year

BIG DAVE

OILBURNER FOR LIFE!
Reaction score
$20!!!!! Thats right $20!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

Its a 96 f-250 xlt 4x4 with a 351 and a e4od. And no it's not stollin. The people I got it from are not car smart and the wife's car losted it's brakes. So they told me if you buy the parts and fix it the truck is your's.:eek: well the car had a spit brake line and I was out $20 :D

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congrats!! So, when's the IDI going in? LOL

FWIW that's how I got the '83 300D I'm driving daily...rear brakes kept locking up and the guy parked the car for 2 years. His brother's a good friend of mine, and got control of the car and got tired of looking at it....so he told me that, if I could fix the brakes, I could have it. Replaced the master cylinder and the rubber lines for maybe $100 total, and other than a few minor coolant issues, the car's been running like a top ever since ;Sweet

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
let me be the first to offer you $50 for it, that's right, I'll pay you 250% of what you paid :rotflmao

bike-maker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, you got me beat by a long shot.

I scored my crew cab for the price of making the guys old CJ5 Jeep run that had been sitting for 2 years. Spent about $200 on Jeep parts.

Loved the truck but didn't like the gasser so.......
Bought the diesel for $300

By the time I replace what's worn out and sell off the left over parts, I should be in the truck for just about nothing.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$20!!!!! Thats right $20!!!
Not really it ain't - your out of pocket cost is indeed $20, but the time to remove the old brake line and install the new one should also be factored in, as they would have paid quite a lot for this if they took it to a shop. Also I hope you replaced the entire brake line, and didn't just patch it - heck for a truck like that I'd replace all brake lines at once :D

fury9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just gonna say, you could sell a rim and make triple your money back in an instant!

mahatma171

Reaction score
Nicely done is all I can say.... nicely done!!! I love it when people use their noggin for more than a hat rack.

My best deal was an 83 Caddy that didn't run and the guy gave it to me...took $4 worth of vacuum hose (which he burnt off pouring gas down the TBI) and a 30 amp fuse. After about 10,000 miles, a rocker arm broke, cost me $6 I think. But even when it broke, I was able to ride 35 miles home with A/C on and drove around town for a couple days like that too... LOL It wasn't no 96 Ford F250 :)... but it was a nice rider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SixFourShanks08

Members online