My Bronc's suspension

BigNorm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw this section and I'd thought I'd share what I've got. I'm currently running an 86 Bronco: 351W,C6,NP208, D60front(welded), 14Bolt rear (Detroit Locker) running 5.13 gearing.

I chose to run stock rear Bronco leafs front and rear when I put the truck together. The suspension worked awsome but was overly soft which made sidehilling a little scary at times:
You must be registered for see images

Since then I have replaced the front main leafs with F350 Main leafs, and stuck the Bronco pack underneath minus the overload leaf. So I'm now running a 4 leaf pack up front

For the rear I wanted to get rid of the 2" blocks I used initall so I added two leafs from an F150 pack. I forgot that the newer trucks came with 2.5" leafs. I said the hell with it and tried them in my 3" pack anyway. They appear to be slightly thinner as well.

The rear end was still slightly high after this mod so I chose to upgrade my hangers from stock front hangers (front and rear) to some hangers made by Sky manufacturing. I changed these out front and rear.

all in all I've stretched the wheelbase 3" forward and around 4.5-5" rearward essentially stretching my wheelbase around 8". The whole package as it stands now is extremely stable and is really comfortable to ride offroad.