My 1994 F-350 4x4 CC TD

SLC97SR5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The '94 has needed a few items lately...at least it is before winter hits .

My 3rd Moose IP began the ol hot start routine and would not make full fuel nor did the advance work correctly. I took a junkyard NA IP that I had been sitting on and had it rebuilt locally. The builder maxed her out and it is making 92.7cc at full hi yah.
You must be registered for see images attach

The lift pump also decided it had enough so I swapped on my spare. When the previous one died it was illuminating the filter light and was barely squirting from the schrader.

The 205k throttle cable also decided it was ready for a rest. The cable itself is in ok shape but the plastic guides near the IP were jamming up. I made the drive to work at about 1200-1500 rpm. Great for fuel mileage.

As we know the parts store (NAPA in this case) cables will work in a pinch but they are nowhere the quality of the OEM units. Fortunately the OEM assy's are still available. Unfortunately I needed the truck and slapped on the NAPA piece...any job worth doing is worth doing twice.

The OEM cable has the nice chubby insulation/damper that eliminates the noise from rubbing on the firewall and injector line. The pedal end also has the appropriate angle molded into the guide and has the proper retainer for the pedal and little rubber grommet. I think I paid $60 shipped from: http://onlinefordpartscatalog.com/
The NAPA unit was like $17. Oh, the NAPA cable was a touch long not allowing max IP travel and the spring is stiffer and it just feels ratty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7