Motorcraft FL1995 Oil Filters at Wal Mart Again

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to post, that Wal-Mart has again started selling the Motorcraft Filters. A Fl1995 is under 10.00 and they also have Shell Synthetic 5-40w again. I didn't see it in gallon jugs, but they had quarts of it. Anyhow, I know some guys run the Motorcraft stuff, including me, so just wanted you fellers to know. scotty

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Scotty, I bought up what they had on the "clearance" isle, when they stated that they were going to stop handling motorcraft filters. So right now I have about a two year supply of 1995's

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
GRuss said:
Thanks for the heads up Scotty, I bought up what they had on the "clearance" isle, when they stated that they were going to stop handling motorcraft filters. So right now I have about a two year supply of 1995's

At less than $10 it's great to see them regain their senses...from a sales volume point of view :D Now if they would just carry Rotella 15-40 in cases
or spread some of the Motorcraft supply to Sams I could 1 stop shop ;Sweet

You got a 2 year supply ....for me that would be 12 filters...I change about every 6 weeks..around 5k mi.

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
Yes, FL-1995 work on IDI's. I've been using thrm for the past 5 years. I was disappointed when Wal-Mart stopped carrying them. I'll have to check to see if my local Wal-Mart has them. Although, I only have to change my oil twice a year, if that. I only put about 3500 - 4000 miles a year on the truck.
John H.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
geonc said:
At less than $10 it's great to see them regain their senses...from a sales volume point of view :D Now if they would just carry Rotella 15-40 in cases
or spread some of the Motorcraft supply to Sams I could 1 stop shop ;Sweet

You got a 2 year supply ....for me that would be 12 filters...I change about every 6 weeks..around 5k mi.

They had cases of Rotella T 15-40 at the couple of Walmarts I went to. I think they were 48.00 or so for the case. I wanna say they were 6 jugs per case. Not positive about the price though.

As for PSD 1995 filter, I have been running it ever since I got the truck. No problems and it has to be at least a touch better than the smaller IDI filter. It is the same price, so I run it. Scotty

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
beretzs said:
They had cases of Rotella T 15-40 at the couple of Walmarts I went to. I think they were 48.00 or so for the case. I wanna say they were 6 jugs per case. Not positive about the price though.

As for PSD 1995 filter, I have been running it ever since I got the truck. No problems and it has to be at least a touch better than the smaller IDI filter. It is the same price, so I run it. Scotty

At Sams a 6 gal case is$35 :D ;Sweet

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
geonc said:
At Sams a 6 gal case is$35 :D ;Sweet

Unless ya got a local connection at a Napa like me :D
With owning 3 oilburners, a 55 gallon drum of Rotella ran me $267.00 plus a $20.00 dep on the barrel. cookoo .....got it just before the prices jumped. :backoff :draw

Funny thing is my 4x4 CC won't allow a FL1995 to fit but the 4x2 will. :confused:

Last edited:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
Funny thing is my 4x4 CC won't allow a FL1995 to fit but the 4x2 will. :confused:
That's odd...a FL1995 fits just fine on my 4x4. Takes a little bit of doing to get it on, but I've never not been able to install one. Maybe the CC's (or the later trucks) have a slightly different frame/crossmember?

BTW, I saw an FL1995 at Wally-World, but thesticker said it was $20 :shocked: that's the same that Ford charges for them. Maybe it was a misprint? Or maybe they figured they could charge more in the Bay Area :puke:

RKOCH

Fellow Oil Burner
Reaction score
I asked if they would fit because they will not fit on mine either. There is some differences in the crossmebers on some trucks. It won't go on my 88 or 89 Just not enough room for some reason.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
RKOCH said:
I asked if they would fit because they will not fit on mine either. There is some differences in the crossmebers on some trucks. It won't go on my 88 or 89 Just not enough room for some reason.

That's odd :confused: I had no problem whatsoever using the 1995 on my '90 IDI.......were they not the same from '87/'91?

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 87 CC 4x4 and it fits perfect.. Not sure what the deal is with some folk's trucks. You do have to hold it at a little of angle, but it always goes on pretty easy. Not sure.. Scotty