Motorcraft F-SuperDuty reservoir

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(This is in reference to the hydroboost thread where this link was posted.)

Got some bad news... I just tried to order the PS reservoir this morning from FordPartsGiant and got an email back five minutes ago that said that the part has been discontinued by the manufacturer so they were cancelling my order. Bummer. It looks like I'm going to have to scrounge around and find one somewhere else.
I tried RockAuto, but all of the pics listed for an F-SuperDuty that I looked at only had one return port. And the part number that was listed for the correct replacement did not match the one listed in the above link. Has anyone successfully ordered the correct two return port reservoir from RockAuto? Or: is there anywhere else online you can order the correct reservoir new?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
So what I "think" they are telling us is you will buy the complete pump that has the dual port return on it if you want that. But no longer are they going to sell just the reservoir....I can't see the industry just stopping the manufacture of a needed part like this. Try another parts place. You got one persons answer and they may not be actually what is real.

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...I can't see the industry just stopping the manufacture of a needed part like this.

So, I went to www.fordparts.com which is the official Ford parts website. Typed in the part number and got a pop-up window that said, "Due to low demand, Ford Motor Company is no longer manufacturing this part." There was more, but it sounds like this Super Duty reservoir is going to start to get hard to find.
A website called www.fastoemparts.com has the reservoir, but they have it listed for '94-'97 F-150s, F-250s and F-350s, gas and diesel. If the part number matches but the application does not, will it still be the correct part?

3Kp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know that 87 F 150 steering gear box worked on my 91 F 350 I would imagine if the part number is the same it should be good!

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news! I found one at Landmark Ford in Tigard. $42.08 out the door.
I would recommend getting your hands on one soon, cause Ford ain't making no more.

gandalf

Reaction score
Good news! I found one at Landmark Ford in Tigard. $42.08 out the door.
I would recommend getting your hands on one soon, cause Ford ain't making no more.

Just to cover all bases, could you post the part number, get it into "The Parts Bin", so that maybe, sometime in the future...

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
E5LY-3A697-A

Not sure what you mean by "get it in to the Parts Bin"? I don't know how to post in a closed thread.

gandalf

Reaction score
E5LY-3A697-A

Not sure what you mean by "get it in to the Parts Bin"? I don't know how to post in a closed thread.

Thank you. Parts numbers are always good to have.

How do you share the parts number with the entire community long after this thread is finished? Ask a mod to put it in there. They have the ability to add to a closed thread. If you smile just right:D and ask 'pretty please':angel:, then maybe one of them will do it. After all, having the number for future reference makes life easier for forum members.;Sweet

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I understand is you can T the hydroboost return and steering gear return before they go into the pump. That's what I did. So far so good.

So as it stands I've not been worried about using the F-450 reservoir with the two return fittings.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like another corporate ploy.
" you cant buy this cheap plastic part, but you can guy the entire pump!"

FYI, and a little off topic,
IF YOU BUY A PART THAT REQUIRES A CORE CHARGE, AND DO NOT HAVE YOUR CORE,
THEY CHARGE YOU TAX ON THE CORE.
WHEN YOU RETURN THE CORE, YOU DO NOT GET THAT TAX BACK.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sounds like another corporate ploy.
" you cant buy this cheap plastic part, but you can guy the entire pump!"

are you sure the pumps are being sold complete with reservoirs? more often than not,when your pump fails you don't need to spend the higher price by getting one with the res,you can just get the pump and use your old one.which is more than likely what most were doing id say,and the reason for discontinuing the part.they can't keep making parts that just wont sell enough to turn a profit on.no business could stay in business doing that.

im sure there will be enough NOS and used ones to go around for everyone's hydroboost converts.if not you can always T the line in,or even get creative and build in your own return port.
plus don't forget there's 3D printers now.;)
we've got options.

re-read post 1.:D

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can get you a new one from Ford if your interested. Just call me. 717-806-5561

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828